DCS F/A-18C

@Troll per their own email:

1 Like

Yeah, read it.
ED has finite resources. Priorities have to be made. No matter what they delay, in favour of something else, someone will get frustrated. But it’s not like they’re abandoning 2.5 in favour of easy money DLC.

They are under pressure from the WWII Kickstarters to finish the Spit and the map.
But besides that, what difference does it make which map they finish first?

I guess I’m just tired of the negative comments that comes after every info mail from ED. There’s always someone who’s irritated because their expectations weren’t met. The alternative would be no info at all until release. No info, no expectations…
I’d rather get the info, delays or not,

About 40GB of redundant hard drive space, a much simpler update tree, and a great deal less ambiguity on what will change with regards to missions effected by terrain changes.

Again, I think you’re mistaking frustration for outright anger. No one here is rioting, rending hair or gnashing teeth. It’s just a bit of annoyance.

1 Like

Oh no!
Anger…? In that case, I prefer frustration! :laughing:

2.5 is Not Required for New Caucasus.

2.5 and New Caucasus will be released together as it will allow EVERYONE to use the Sim at that Point.

Where as 2.0 at this time will only allow those who purchased NTTR or Normandy.

2 Likes

2.5 Exists as a Unification of 1.5/2.0, along with P.B.R, New Shading/Lighting, etc etc.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification @SkateZilla

edit: damnit this is an old one. I’m keeping it because hornet

2 Likes

So, basically, pushing 2.5 back only means waiting for new caucasus and a few engine enhancements…?
As caucasus already exists in 1.5, I really don’t see the problem… Other than having two installations. I ditched 1.5 when 2.0 and NTTR came along, so maybe I’m not qualified, but to me, the priorities makes perfect sense.

Yeah, get it. Back on topic! :wink:

No! Wait… That’s no Hornet! :wink:

2 Likes

Just gonna throw this out there, if you’re flying with the switches in those positions, you’ve had a really bad day. Also, you should probably be FNAEB’d.

1 Like

Let’s not let minor things like avionics or engines get in the way of having a nice free-flight.

1 Like

Small Wags anouncement about F/A-18C Hornet develop
https://forums.eagle.ru/announcement.php?f=&a=76

6 Likes

Better than nothing I guess. Not much better, but better.

1 Like

Worth a look IMO. Of course how much is speculative is open to - speculation.

2 Likes

New Screenshot hidden in most recent Wags Normandy video

9 Likes

Oh wow…

3 Likes

That water…! At first I wasn’t sure they put a real photo in there. But the shadow gave it away. The rest… Stunning!

1 Like

That cockpit looks fantastic and the water is beautiful. I am really looking forward to this bird.

The only thing I don’t like is the switch for the Head Mounted Display, so this is probably going to be a very late version of the Hornet. I know a lot of people are going to love this, but for me it just doesn’t trigger my imagination.

1 Like

It’s a ~1998 hornet with certain upgrades like the ATFLIR pod (Circa 2002). I don’t know if we’re getting the JHMCS (~2002, although only on super hornets initially) or the older DASH HMD (I don’t know how widespread DASH actually was, DASH had been around since the mid-late 80’s)or actually another system.