DCS Fly-In Poll: Older Aircraft

Myself and @Franze got to talking and were wondering if anyone would be interested in a lower-tech fly-in including WWII and earlier post-war jets. If you would be, great! We would like to know what modules people own so we can tailor the theme / design a bit more around what people have.

Below is a multi-select poll, so please check off anything that you own:

• Normandy Map
  • WWII Asset Pack
  • I-16
  • FW 190 A-8
  • FW 190 D-9
  • Bf 109 K-4
  • MiG-15bis
  • MiG-19P
  • MiG-21bis
  • Spitfire Mk IX
  • P-51D
  • F-5E
  • F-85F

0 voters

We would also like to know if you’d be more up for a PvP scenario or PvE (AI) scenario:

• PvP
  • PvE

0 voters

Thanks to all the answer!

Edit: Additional Poll for A-4 operators.

Do you have the community A-4 mod?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

5 Likes

I… Uh… I actually have the F86, instead of the F85.
Is that OK?

10 Likes

Haha yes!
Can’t edit a poll after 5 minutes. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

You just had to be that little bit better than us F85-drivers, huh… :crazy_face:

8 Likes

:rofl: of course… :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Glorious MiG of superior Soviet design will wipe floor with capitalist invaders! :cccp:

4 Likes

This is always welcomed by me. Looking forward.

…was just thinking if it was good thing or bad thing that BelSimTek merged with ED. They created lot of nice early jets and helos… now they have to work on F-18C and F-16C… :wink:

5 Likes

I am in but I hate pvp personally I will give it a go if that’s the consensus and we can have labels :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I would say if the host(s) have time for some scenarios building then PvE, if not then PvP :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been saying this for years. ED has complained that developing modern digital aircraft takes years and that we have to be patient. So why not add in some early Gen aircraft to fill gaps in the plane set? Analog gauges and instruments have got to be easier to code. Just sayin’

4 Likes

From my perspective the thing is sales numbers. They have definitely more ‘numbers’ with modern fighters than early jets. At least that seems to be the case when checking online what is popular.

Young man wants modern fighters. “Not your father’s F-16:slight_smile:

4 Likes

While not quite high enough of an adoption rate that I’d want to exclude anyone - the fact that DCS WWII isn’t particularly popular yet we have ~75% adoption rate for the Normandy map and WWII asset pack is a bit surprising.

5 Likes

I’d also like to add that the Fly-by-Wire jets will be enjoyable even on much cheaper hardware.

The Spitfire was a huge pain to dance the rudder with my Saitek ProFlight’s - now it’s just a nuisance with my TPR’s that I haven’t fully adjusted to yet.

Next is the stock spring on my TM WH makes hands-on flying of these birds more a pain, as it does for helicopters by far. At least with the warbirds, I am learning to trim things out as best I can.

3 Likes

Even though I ticked I have the modules, this does not have any bearing on proficiency of flying them, but i can crash on the Normandy map with ease. :grin:

8 Likes

We’ll give you enough heads up you should have some practice time, even if that means some practically speaking one-way trips - which we don’t endorse - but belly landing or bailing out down to the home field pub is acceptable!

6 Likes

You cannot really conclude that from this survey since there is no option for people with only modern modules. As for the whole economics thing, modern jets may or may not sell better, but they admitted they had a higher ROI on WW2 planes. so more dollars out for every dollar in.

at any rate, I’m very much looking forward to an event like this!

2 Likes

Well that is of course of poll respondents, as we aren’t going an all-customers poll - but of WWII / early jets pilots.

I selected PVP because I don’t know what PVE is. Player vs Everyone? If so then I vote the third, not shown, choice of PvW-except @Hangar200. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Vs. Environment - so basically just AI planes / ground units, maybe trees and the odd powerline depending how low you like to fly!

4 Likes

Player Vs environment, co-op Vs ai

3 Likes