DCS I-16

Bought it! I went into the instant ground attack and had an absolute killing time. These guns are so fast. Then I plunged into the DF mission. Had me about a ten minute fight w the K4. I was smiling from ear to ear. I like it!!!

3 Likes

Comments like that don’t help when I am trying to convince myself that I don’t need the I-16. :wink:

4 Likes

What do you mean by ”don’t need”?
I can’t comprehend the meaning…

There’s a new DCS module.
You produce your creditcard.

”Need” is never part of the equation…

4 Likes

I’m kinda Bummed…Bought it…Installed it…it shows in my “Installed Modules” list…but when I choose to fly it…It only shows as AI Aircraft in F-10 Map view.

DCS Repair?

Did you update the Open Beta to the latest version?

Those are the first two things I check. So far, I can use the I16 without any issue.

1 Like

Hello Chuck,Yes to all…There’s a thread in the I-16 Bugs/Problems DCS Forums so apparently I’m not alone with the issue.

UPDATE

DCS Support were able to help me with my I-16 Problem…Apparently my Windows install was missing this…
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down…aspx?id=30679

Installed and Happily Flaying in VR
Thank You DCS Support!!!

2 Likes

Come now. One install never hurt anybody…

Just once or twice, it’s good for your soul :slight_smile:

I just did a sneaky middle of night order whilst wife sleeps happily on

6 Likes

I only order DCS aircraft this way

2 Likes

Gonna have to try this one. It was always a fun little bird to fly in IL-2.

Wheels

2 Likes

It took 4 years to develop the I-16. I’m happy to give them 10 dollars for every year of development.
The Df mission was Impressive!!! I am in a Repubican Rata when a Messer shows up… we tangle for a few minutes then I realize he is in Nationalist paint Sceme. The fight went on so long that I was exhausted. He ran away and I got ready to land. Then he suddenly tried to ditch next My airfield!!! I was going to let him go but temptation was too strong. First burst set his engine on fire and the second broke him. I must say, it’s very satisfying to fly this

2 Likes

Any tips and tricks will be very useful. I mean I could RTFM but where is the fun in that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Old Stuka project has “disappear” years ago. I think disolved with Polychop and Militech 5 split your teams.

1 Like

7 Likes

By ED/Nineline on FB commentaries:

• can be “plans” to build inter-war, early WWII content.
    “We have to start somewhere with inter-war, early war years.”
    “They will come in time, but we have to start somewhere for this period.”
    “Not yet, it’s the first of it’s era right now, but as stated above, we have to start somewhere, much like when the P-51D came out. -NineLine/Norm”

Waiting news about them :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I revived the old He-111 mod. Yay!

1 Like

Can you link it please

Wheels

2 Likes

I’m tempted to buy it just 'cause “gotta catch 'em all.” I have so many neglected modules already though :confused: