DCS Mariana Islands Map

Announcing DCS Guam! Er… DCS Mariana’s Islands!

Did not see that coming. A little on the small side when you look at the distance between islands, but could make for some fun “what if’s” with the Chinese.

Following the free A-10C cockpit update, we will be releasing A-10C Warthog 2 in 2020. This will be a dramatic visual and systems upgrade to our A-10C.

4 Likes

Well they did say there’s more stuff without an agreement for now so…

4 Likes

I literally cannot wait for this. It’s now my most anticipated module.

I’m gonna put @schurem in the gunners seat and just TERRIFY HIM

5 Likes

I will scream bloody murder in Russian :smiley:

Hind, but mudhen a close second for most anticipated module. Oh! And flogger! How could I forget!

5 Likes

Do we have LSTs in DCS World? Because we are gonna need some LSTs… (or LCACs)…

6 Likes

I feel like I saw video footage a few months ago of an asset pack being developed that included LCAC’s and I think a few other ships?

4 Likes

Sort of if you count the ones in the WW2 asset pack.

Once upon a time Razbam tesed dev of LCAC’s and other Navy ships related to the MEU’s and such. But that seems to have fallen by the way side.

2 Likes

Not hard to imagine having fun with the LHAs, Hueys, Cobras, Harriers, and some landing craft…

5 Likes

It will be a perfect multiplayer map!

1 Like

I bet a free skin that next WWII map (in conjuction with the P47) is Ardennes/Bulge battle. :wink:

5 Likes

Smart strategy on the part of ED. As 777 doesn’t have their sights on the Pacific anytime soon, if ED can bring some resources to bear for that part of WWII they’ll be able to carve a good niche out. Only issue is whether or not they can provide the accompanying assets.

1 Like

Wow! I say again, “Wow!” This was my home for 10 years. I know every waterfall and cave on Guam. I’ve bicycled Rota, seen the nuclear loading pit on Tinian and the “suicide cliffs” of Saipan. Was this a gift for Eric? I’d like to think it was.

11 Likes

For Heatblur at lest, I have a feeling that’s their way of keeping anybody (ED or otherwise) from spilling the beans on their next project too early. Guess they learned their lesson from the Steam DB leak. I’d almost be willing to bet their working on something, but just don’t want to reveal it until the time is right. Given their excellent teasing and reveals (er, may need to work on phrasing. . . :grimacing:), I’m happy to wait.

2 Likes

Think they’ll have their hands full with the A-6 and Draken for the short term.

5 Likes

Guam has a nice banana shaped runway. Odd feeling landing on it for the first time.

Over north fields. Approach to Saipan.

18 Likes

12 Likes

I spent a few weeks there. Got thrown out of the globe and anchor. That’s about all I remember

5 Likes
4 Likes

When that AI A-6 comes to town, I give it 5 minute before there’s a mod with the Su-25T cockpit for it.

That aside, in regards to Marianas… Need P-38G/H.

6 Likes

I wonder if they’ll model a 1940’s version and a modern version? Also, I wonder if this means that a DCS Zero is in our future (at least AI)?

3 Likes