DCS: Mi-24 Hind

I am so fricking excited for this. It looks incredible as well

2 Likes

Nice, looks like there should be already Early Access available :wink:

4 Likes

Its getting closer, and it’s real, that’s for sure!

Very excited indeed! :cccp:

1 Like

It’ll be interesting to play around with an assault gunship: transport troops, kill armor, fire support, all in one go!

Just remember: is Shturmovik. Not capitalist imperalist gunship of the Apache.

2 Likes

No sneakink about in treelines. A big wheel of running in, unleashing righteous marxist fury, then turn off, wheel around while your regiment mates are doing the same. Speed is life! (and armor. and redundant systems. and being overengineered farm equipment). :cccp:

I can’t wait to get my hands on it.

6 Likes

in soviet union you don’t put gun on helicopter, you put helicopter on gun…(preferably two of them :smile:)

1 Like

I cant wait to multi crew the monster. I didn’t realise the scale of the Hind till I stood next to a Hind D a couple of weeks ago. They. Are. Fricking. Massive.

I want. This is my most anticipated module of the future so far

7 Likes

You want to pilot or to fly gunner? Or will we just swap willy-nilly? It’s a chopper, we can just set 'er down and switch seats :smiley:

Mi-8 is a great preparation for this machine. It has the same dynamic components (engines, transmission, rotor, etc) as the mighty Hind IIRC. We better be taking those landings real easy you hear?

Very closely followed by Razbam’s MiG-23MLA. I just love my soviet iron.

By the by vic, did you get to keep your job for now?

5 Likes

Mi-24 has dual controls, so just hand off as desired.

2 Likes

Roger that. I’m fairly proud of my tail snapping to gentle landing ratio in the hip. I went through a long curve with that aircraft that was a challenge to fight to the top of but I can really chuck her around now and bring her back to the barn safely.

Affirm. We are on short days. Might not last but seems to be holding steady and they keep giving me stuff to do. Fingers crossed it will continue for the near future. I really thought we would be classed as essential due to the electricity and water works we do but that seems to be not the case but I’m clinging on…:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

After flying the Mi-8 lots lately, this module is high up on my waiting list! Those screenshots look awesome!

2 Likes

I decided to send them my money by purchasing MiG19. I like the way they seem to go with their comin’ products.
I cant see me flying F16 / JF17 / F18 anytime soon. F14 is still in question as only once they release the A model they will have my attention.

Oh man, you are selling yourself short. The kitty is the best DCS has to offer. The sound, the FM, jester, it’s just beyond compare.

2 Likes

For our enjoyment:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDRf7f_rHu4

4 Likes

In fact it is combination of factors, not just the ‘missing’ A model. I usually play MP and my wingman for DCS don’t own it either. BlueFlag servers runs usually modern scenarios so I wont feel adequate there between F15 / F16 / JF17 / F18.
…and… I had one more excuse but could not remember :slight_smile:

1 Like
10 Likes

That looks incredible

I’m gonna crash that so hard.

6 Likes

:rofl: What a way to start off the comments. :+1:

2 Likes

Well, it is about 25,000lbs loaded.

2 Likes

This was the module I have been most excited about after the tomcat. I’m so so ready to hurt myself in it

3 Likes