DCS: Mi-24 Hind

There should be a separate switch for short medium and long bursts too. So you can fire more bullets in less time. Using both switches

What is RBS?

1 Like

retreating blade stall

1 Like

went through the start up tutorial and managed to her off the ground …she does have some heft … not as much as the mi8, the trim button seems to be slightly slow in setting to where the stick is … or might be just me. also managed a landing in a field, just like the mi8 you have to keep a close eye on the VVI… she does feel very very fast at tree top level

I found it fast, if I didn’t just let go of the stick instantly I ended up with a sudden reverse as the trimmer was moving towards the set position.

Ie, stick back if I clicked trim she’d dive forwards - so I started just clicking the trimmer and letting go, which while a little jerky - was better than the alternative sea-sickness inducing rocks and rolls.

4 Likes

Well today I learned that has a name:

5 Likes

it might be that… with my reaction to it

1 Like

I am taking a break, VR in this weather is a PITA I have to stop to mop my brow

Family Guy Summer GIF by FOXtvUK
even with the fan on both in game and rl

7 Likes

I just gave her a spin on the free trial. Not bad. The controls feel way less responsive than the Mi-8, to my surprise. Some of the quirks are similar but different too. A lot more tilting tendency and I get a lot of pitch-up tendencies during hard turns. Easy to fly, hard to fly well.

4 Likes

has anyone managed to get the petrovic menu working … have bound a command for it and tried it on both syria and black sea

Try the top left menu in your control binding screen. Mi-24 sim but there’s also an Mi-24 ai helper entry there. Because sure why not comrade!

I suddenly understand every single attempted takeoff I’ve ever had in the Gazelle now.

3 Likes

Going 340km/h in a rocket attack run:

Ticking over 360km/h and you feel that right side fall out from under you:

2 Likes

Bloody hell @b12 I could of come back down south from Inverness towards your direction and tried the Hind a day earlier!! Now I’m sat on an industrial estate in Lockerbie all upset :rofl:

6 Likes

It’s full of bugs and very ugly and almost impossible to fly, it’s got the hitting power of a four year old girl and the staying power of a mayfly. It is absolutely horrendous, a terrible waste of time and money and you should be lucky that you don’t have to suffer this execrable monster.

there, better?

It’s smashingly brilliant, and you have an extra reason to drive safely and carefully so you can get your hind on bud!

5 Likes

Its OK. I’ve got some analogue collective practise in anyway…

18 Likes

This is Petrovich, the AI copilot:

16 Likes

TBF that’s how I felt after 800 miles today

2 Likes

Does your ride have airco? Because this yard I worked today sure as sunshine didn’t. Tropical weather is such fun play landscaper in.

1 Like

It does but I’m so tight fisted I refuse to use it. Its probably negligible on fuel consumption but I’m borderline obsessive about fuel.

God I want to try the Hind. Wifey has manager to update DCS on skatezilla app but can’t figure out how to download the hind. So it halfway ready for my arrival tommorow anyway bless her.

3 Likes