DCS New Map Announced - Kola Peninsula

I would love to see some Cold War campaign for Tomcat set in that region.

3 Likes

:wink:

10 Likes

Iā€™m sure they will come at some point.

1 Like

Someone Willā€¦ See what I did there, @Hangar200? :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Ive been absolutely smashing the viggen and hercules, yes hercules in preparation for this map.

I am ready and waiting to either drop IFV support or directly crash a viggen into trees and clear the way for IFV drops ā€¦

4 Likes

Oh my. This is a dream for me.

1 Like

This is going to be completely - AWESOME - The two best campaign designers building on current events in the Hornet and Viper.

Oh God my poor Hard Drive let out a yelp!! :sweat_smile:

Question?? was this Peninsula or part of it featured in The Original ā€œJaneā€™s F/A-18E SuperHornetā€? It looks vaguely familiar :face_with_monocle:

It was the featured region in Janeā€™s FA-18E.

It was sooooooo cool. :sunglasses:

4 Likes

ED needs a system that allows you to play from diffrent SSDs on your machine.

5 Likes

It works. I used it on my last PC with FS2020 and X-Plane. I play neither of them now but DCS is growing so much it may be necessary again?

Itā€™s so easy to move your DCS install folder, Iā€™m not sure why you would need the symbolic links.

To split the installation between multiple disks.

I.e. you could install on D:\ but symlink D:\DCS World\Mods\Terrain\Kola to E:\my_custom_dcs_terrains_path\Kola

If neither D nor E partition/disk is big enough to contain the entire DCS installation

4 Likes

Thats what i was thinking. I just put DCS on a 1 TBā€¦ so when Kola and Middle East drop, ill have to move it again? No. I would like to put maps on Another 1Tb. (futureproof for at least six months:)

Of course. Maybe DCS is easy to move around, but other installations not so much.

Funny, I put an extra 1TB in my ā€˜DCS gamerā€™ without much thought. Itā€™s already 65% full without the Channel or Normandy maps. Wondering if I have any more ā€˜plugsā€™ available to add anotherā€¦

I have a spare slot for another nvmeā€¦ if dcs keeps on like this may have to fill it :grinning:

3 Likes

:eyes: :eyes:

6 Likes

Thereā€™s another map announcement - Top End Australia
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/newsletters/d9279b8d6282c868d8e4cb11b8c86d4e/
the ball started rolling pretty hard now

Australia though? Give me Fulda Gap already!

10 Likes