DCS: Normandy WW2

Has their been any mention of ww2 infantry in the units pack?

1 Like

Yes. Three kinds of soldiers IIRC.

Edit: here:

2 Likes

PANTHERā€¦YUM!!!

4 Likes

So a stupid question - can the Asset Pack objects be placed by designers on other maps? For instance - if someone wanted to make a bombing range in NTTR with Normandy assets - is that something that can be done? (My assumption is that if it IS possible, then the person playing the mission would obviously have the NTTR and Normandy asset pack DLC?)

1 Like

I believe that is one of the motivations for it being a separate module.

Hmmmā€¦I foresee difficulties and possible traffic problems with Tiger Tanks using The Caesarā€™s Valet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Implying traffic is not removed from the equation when Tiger Tanks are involvedā€¦if they dont break down of course

3 Likes

Gonna Be Sitting in my Spitfire like:

5 Likes

Odd. Iā€™d have said @Navynuke99 would have been summonedā€¦

1 Like

I missed this one somehow.

@komemiute wins the Wingman of the Year awardā€¦

ā€¦and while weā€™re on the subject, the RAAF flew Spits as well, rightā€¦?

2 Likes

I just bought the map and asset pack. Just so you know.

4 Likes

Iā€™m still waiting for the F-5E and the Gazelle to go on sale. Those two will round out the stuff Iā€™m interested in. Iā€™ll buy the map and asset pack soon - Iā€™ll be wanting to fly some stuff over thatā€¦just not WW2 stuffā€¦

Despite all of my poking and prodding, I got both for free :stuck_out_tongue:

For free, or did you pay for them in the Kickstarter campaign, like me? :wink:

here comes me and you in the P-51 xD

Kickstarter. I had zero interest in WWII or Normandy, I just wanted the map editor (the one thing I wonā€™t be getting, cā€™est la vie)ā€¦

2 Likes

**FROM DCS FB PAGEā€¦ā€œThe DCS: World War II Assets Pack provides numerous World War II air, land and sea assets to populate the Normandy and other DCS World maps with. Eagle Dynamics has spent several years creating an entirely new set of combat vehicles to support DCS: World War II, and each unit is created with an exceptional level of detail and accuracy.
In addition to populating World War II era maps, this asset pack can be used with all other DCS World map modules.ā€

I did the kickstarter and got a few planes but I guess I wasnā€™t ā€œall inā€ enough in my support to rate the map. No matter, itā€™s not my bag as I have said. Looks nice though.

@smokinhole: Now are you sure ? I kickstarted at 20$ for a plane and I got both the map and assets packā€¦ Iā€™m pretty sure basically everyone above 15$ got them.
:slight_smile: