DCS: Normandy WW2

Lol, yeeeeeees.

Came back to view bunyap2w1ā€™s screenshots again. Damn but those are fine screenshots!

3 Likes

OKā€¦grumble, grumbleā€¦that was more fun that Iā€™d like to admitā€¦

4 Likes

ā€¦and I even survived BOTH my first takeoff and first landingā€¦(reduced power is your friend apparentlyā€¦)

Nearly everything that can wrong with landing on the wheelies is basically because people cross threshold too fast. Weā€™re used to jets falling out the sky I think.

2 Likes

I accidentally landed 3-pointā€¦is the P-51 a drive on the wheels and lower the tail plane?

1 Like

Did you walk away from it?..

This is why I prefer the Pacific.

Cross the back of the boat at 90 knots, gear and hook down. Be it the wire or the barrier, one way or another youā€™re going to stop.

I didā€¦! To my great surprise!

3-point is the goal. You can roll out on two wheels but youā€™re taking your chances with pranging the spinner. Flair and touch them all.

3 Likes

True that. 3-point in any wind is the best way to go. Save the wheel landings for the airshow.

2 Likes

Seems like it, I always get a bit wobbly when seeing three point landings, that tiny tailwheel and the poor stresses it has to endure :wink:

As long as you donā€™t slam it too hard it should be fine. TBH I donā€™t recall ever damaging a tail wheel on a landing in all my years of simming. Main wheels, propā€¦oh yes! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The tail wheel has only ever been shot off in combat, leading to a troubled landing later when that tail touchedā€¦

As for the tree collision, well I guess itā€™s better than passing thru them like ghosts, but Iā€™m not a big fan of solid rebar concrete tree sculptures painted realistically. :smile: The plane should definitely suffer wingtip damage, but the impact-induced left spin seemed to be a little too far the other way.

In other words, tip sheared off good, crazy flat spin too much.

1 Like

Thatā€™d be idealā€¦but if we are given the option of trees we can fly through, or trees that are concreteā€¦Iā€™ll take the concrete. I want a penalty for being stupid.

3 Likes

Absolutely. Its also a small price to pay to have the advantages los blocking gives

Should also see in that video that I managed to skim off of a tree during my crash landing that didnā€™t result in a spin. Sparky, yes, but no spin :slight_smile:

I am ok with this. The new trees are fabulous!

Demote yourself back to FO and youā€™ll get that every dayā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

Re-becoming an FO would be great. No paperwork, minimal responsibility, can point to the Captain and say ā€œI told you soā€ when things go wrongā€¦

ā€œI told you that patient wouldnā€™t fit through the doorā€¦ā€

1 Like

Not so so great on pay day though :wink: .

But Beach, what can be better than your current situation: flying with your FAVORITE captain every flight?

2 Likes