DCS Open Alpha NTTR Available!

DAMMIT!
I am 600km away from my gaming PC, and when I get there that thing will download about 24 hours.
That means I will be able to play approximately… on monday. Next week.

You’re not really missing out. I started the download (on a 120 Mbps connection) at 7:30 AM today and it’s about 1:30pm now and I’m probably about 20% through in terms of download.

Yep, I’ve been downloading for about 6h now and I’m about 2/3 through with NTTR. Doesn’t help that the torrent is barely faster than 1MB/s most of the time

I think the updater is peer limited just to 30 people. It has the advantage of not flooding peoples up connection, but isn’t really taking full advantage of the (typically) 100 tcp connections a lot of PC’s can take now.

I just think we’re part of the alpha lab test and it’ll get better over the next few days. Trying to build a Steam with one guy and no servers is always going to be hard. :smile:

Hmmm. I’m thinking of doing a download race for NTTR and Horizons Beta when I get home tonight, and see which finishes first. Should be fun.

Argh! I completely forgot about the Elite: Horizons beta today. Ha! :beers:

Word is, the party’s going down in Merope ASAP, because of the latest clues from the Unknown Artefacts.

1 Like

Apparently I’m one of the happy few who managed to get through the HTTP part before it got too busy.
Unfortunately my NTTR map is of little use, I keep getting black screens when trying to play a mission. A weird thing I noticed on hardware monitor is that, despite the crashes and using task manager to shut down DCS, my GPU load stayed at 100%

I hope this alpha didn’t kill my Black Edition R9 290X

For those wondering about the size: without any of the modules, except Nevada itself, the 2.0 Alpha is 41.8 GB on my SSD

Yep, I’m grabbing the Elite Horizons download now. NTTR will have to wait a bit, as it’s still about 25 KB/s and a fair bit more to go on the 1.8 GB 2nd stage.

Too many toys at the moment. :wink:

For AMD drivers there seems to be a workaround, i.e. copying driver files locally as described here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=153611

1 Like

…and they’re both still dragging… But I’m thinking that Elite Dangerous will still win this one… by a couple of days.

Some screens to look at here:

Getting some sort of timeout on the update now, I suspect their servers are having issues. Maybe I’ll have some free time tomorrow once they sort this out.

This is like watching somebody else playing with your toys on Christmas Eve.

1 Like

I finally got up in the air - works very nicely so far! Took a long and slow crawl from Groom via Creech and down to McClaren, with the obligatory buzz of the strip. The built up areas perform very well.

Now to download some more aircraft, although the TF-51 was actually a really nice way to arrive in Vegas for the first time - I just followed the roads I knew :smile:

3 Likes

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2576432

“We have a strategic plan. It’s called doing things.” ~ Herb Kelleher

1 Like

NEVADA_terrain.common.zip.torrent (57.1 KB)

3 Likes

Give the TF-51D Vegas Tour in Instant Action a try and see how fast you can complete it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I will do. It’s crazy, in the last 14 hours I must have spent longer staring at the files and shuffling them around - I’ve actually only had 20 minutes playtime.

Right - off to fix that!

I’m still staring at at a download window, have been for about 24 hours, and I’m only at 8814mb of the terrain file. I might get to fly by tomorrow evening, I hope.