DCS SA342 Gazelle

Nice interview - thanks!

A nice pilot / disco night texture update here:

2 Likes

1 Like

Polychop Sa342 Gazelle start up video.

4 Likes

Olli, Sven, and Pat (I don’t know the others) are really great guys with a very positive attitude, and their module looks awesome!
I am more in favour of the Bo-105 but I am looking forward to the gazelle as well.

Can’t wait to see more, and of course fly it!

2 Likes

Mmmmm,Not sure what this means for The Polychop Team??
from DCS Forums…
"_Hi all,

I have been contacted by the CEO of Polychop and he asked me to publish the following statement:

Quote:
Hi all,

Due to a restructuring of Polychop, we are very busy at the moment. Until internal legal issues are sorted out, we are unable to post any status. Nevertheless I can assure you all that the team is working hard on all open issues."
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=183142_

1 Like

Thanks for the update! I hope everything works out. The Gazelle has been a fine addition to DCS.

1 Like

I agree,One of my favorite modules,I’m really looking forward to The BO-105.Hope it’s still a Go?

Statement from the Polychop CEO this morning.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=183142

Polychop Update:

Gazelle Update:

1 Like

So I’ve been fooling around a bit with the DCS Gazelle and obviously there are bugs still around, particularly in multiplayer which me and someone else discovered the other night. However, in single player when testing a mission I had made I noticed something else with AI Gazelle wingmen; they seem to collide with trees a lot and are unable to fly low while trying to keep formation with you, the player.

Is this something particular to the Gazelle AI or do all AI helicopter wingmen hit the trees and such while flying with you, the player in formation down low? Wondering what others may have experienced here.

It seems to be a general issue with the AI. Viggen wingmen for instance don’t seem to do well at low level.

All AI do that. I watched an F-5 dive to the deck to avoid ADA on Syria and they plowed right into a tree, a few seconds after leveling off.

1 Like

We have seen MiG-29 AI go RTB at treetop level and then fail to climb over a gentle slope, plowing into the forest.

AI + Trees don’t seem to mix.

What I haven’t looked at is if trees affect radar altimeter, buildings do and the AI doesn’t have issue with them so I wonder if they can even detect trees.

I remember when tree collisions were first implemented, the AI could not even collide with them.

Thanks gentlemen. I guess I’ll try and work around it.

Yep, me too. I hope ED finds a solution.

TIL I’m about the same competency as AI… :bulb:

2 Likes

About multi-crew problems: they say over on ED Forums that they are awaiting ED’s implementation of multicrew for the UH-1 and will use it (assuming it will be stable) for the Gazelle.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4525344&postcount=283

Seems like a sound strategy for a small developer. Synchronization of a real-time simulation of a complex system is no simple matter. Let’s hope the ED model will be easily adaptable to their systems simulations.

3 Likes

And so are we!
In fact, we HAD it for a while due to a patching error and it worked apart from some glaring issues that could be tip-toed around. Was still a ton of fun to fiddle with.

Wonder when that will finally launch, I hope soon!

4 Likes

Or later, bit it will be awesome, that we already know!

2 Likes