OH-58 coming to DCS ?

It seems like a natural progression from the BO and Gazelle

Of course…the OH-58 will only be 50% of my Dream Team…

5 Likes

And though it was posted in the NATO videos thread…this needs to be viewed again to show how badass both the OH-58 is as well as super cool mustaches… Turn it up!

4 Likes

Would have preferred a Lynx, but I’m not complaining.

2 Likes

Lynx next? DCS scout helicopter.

If they bring the Kiowa, I’ll be all in. It is my favorite observation/scout/hunter helo. It will definitely tide me over until someone does the Apache (wishful thinking). Bring it!

–T

It would just go so well with the Gazelle…

Would the OH-58 be able to laser designate for an A-10?

I think so, yes. In fact for every aircraft dropping Paveways. This makes the Kiowa Warrior a very interesting addition.

1 Like

It is notorious for its N1 droop. If this is modelled correctly it may not be too popular. I would love to have one of the earlier models. Me and a doorgunner :smile:
This has a large part devoted to the Hunter role in Vietnam and whilst fiction has a very authentic feel about it

I would love it. Its light and fast and packs all kinds of weapons. NICE!
Another one I would die for is the OH-6. I really enjoy this aircraft in ARMA III. It is the only thing I do in ARMA III

Oh Wow! Please let it be so!

They posted this on their FB a few hours ago

8 Likes

This would be probably the first chopper I get for DCS.

I would also like AH-64A please.

3 Likes

Yeah, I came across it on FB and posted in a different thread. They said not to speculate and all will be revealed at Cosford Flight Sim expo this weekend. Guy on FB almost spilled all the beans last I was there… :grin:

1 Like

No…no OH-58…just a talented hand shadow guy who likes aircraft…

7 Likes

Sweet, this is going to be a must have.

I hate to be “that guy,” but I have to ask if they’re planning on updating the Gazelle, or at least finishing that one to a better standard, before attempting another multicrewed helicopter scout. I’d love the chance to play scout in a fully finished helo, not one of two half-finished birds.

2 Likes

I guess @Andrew116’s link in the Gazelle thread summarises their intentions:

“… our intentions were to learn from the flaws in the Gazelle and build the new module from scratch, then implement and adapt the new code for the Gazelle module. Now we will focus on finding ways to develop both the Gazelle and the new module in parallel.”

Hopefully they’ll be able to deliver.

1 Like

There’s been an interesting thread on Polychop’s FB page regarding the Kiowa (hopefully) at Cosford. Seems confirmed based on convos. Interestingly, they’ve been getting some shots regarding the Gazelle. I’ve cut and pasted two of Polychop’s responses:

“yes. we have worked the past days on both modules at the same time. We have one new coder onboard who started to implement bugfixes on the gazelle which are under internal tests at the moment. The fm update still has to wait a bit though”

“Well, as it was stated before, the new technology is implemented in the new project first and will later be used to update the Gazelle flightmodel.”

2 Likes