It’s a pretty fun little helicopter!

11 Likes

21 Likes

:eyes: :eyes:

2 Likes

It is a good summer for DCS.

13 Likes

Around 4 years late, but starting to get to grips with this one

taking it around via some nice downloaded training/practice missions, meeting with mixed success.

switched to the fluffy pillow version after blowing myself up with the other kind of 82 and had better luck

This guy almost got me, in my defense I couldn’t tell whether he was coming or going until like 2 seconds before he went by the canopy

12 Likes

Kiowa is mad fun.

11 Likes

:heart_eyes: I love the idea of being able to personalize all the tiny details of the cockpit!

TEXTURE MAKERS… ASSEMBLE!
(That’s just me probably?) :rofl:

9 Likes

Carrier take off training mission, then some bfm

So I am slightly ashamed to admit it, but I could use a ‘I’m within 20 feet of the catapult, stick me to it so I can take off’ button.

Kneeling, standing up, shuffling back and forth, kneeling again, an hour spent and could not connect. Felt like I was back in church!

Making it to a draw in my 1 v 1s which is an improvement, so very satisfying. Feels a bit like cheating being in afterburner practically the whole time, but I’m choosing for now not to worry about it too much.

Jester’s speed call outs are helpful as I cannot read that gauge to save my life - that’s another thing I’ll admit to wanting is an ‘arcade’ speed readout you could pull up in the corner if you wanted, a bit like the strikefighters one. I know there’s the info bar but the font is ant sized.

6 Likes

Still need to learn way more to be flying missions but gave ‘bone strike’ a shot. Trying to be different in how I approach the game, I get this thing in my head where I’m afraid to approach missions or campaigns till I’m ‘better’ for fear of ‘spoiling’ them, but then realistically where am going to find the time to learn all this stuff? I just don’t have it these days.

Now I’m going to try jumping in, and if I have to pause and read the manual or watch a video to figure something out on the fly I’ll just do it. Also speaking of things in my head, I still have a desperate fear of alt/tabbing, ingrained I guess from years ago when alt/tabbing had a 50/50 shot of freezing your computer, or not being able to get back into whatever game you were in. Turns out it’s not a big deal now! Who knew.

Practically a jump scare coming across that old model while pressing F2!

These were more like it

I thought this guy was preforming some cool SEAD maneuver to clear the way for the bombers, but later on learned they were desperately trying to avoid the migs I completely missed.

Here’s Jester and I posing for a photo flyby

Poor bombers didn’t last long

so I’m a bit confused with Jester, he was calling ‘nails’ and even giving me distances when they were like 20 miles off the nose, but there was nothing showing up when I switch to the upfront TID. I think the first bandits were pretty low, maybe it’s the kind of thing where I should have been telling him to move the radar up/down as we were heading there.

6 Likes

Hello. How 'bout that ride in? I guess that’s why they call it…Sin City.

Four of us wolves…running around the desert together…in Las Vegas…

11 Likes

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

Except for callsigns.

6 Likes

Lantirn practice - fun ordering Jester around, not as cumbersome as I had expected (no one was shooting back though so I’m sure it’s not quite as easy as it seems)

4 Likes