DCS Screenshots [2024]

Eye/head control plus VAICOM pro makes LGBs in the Tomcat super effective.

1 Like

I bet, I managed to get him to lock (and blow) up a building using trackir, was a lot of fun.

17 Likes

17 Likes

Playing around with some new and old.

Ouch.
Well. Maybe it was not such a good idea to go full Collective in a split second.

Thank god for the airbags!

I had hoped that this Babe would have kept her paintjob, but she has been stripped as she is being donated to Ukraine.

Happy Simming

11 Likes

Very Nice!

2 Likes

so after a lot of this

this!

really satisfying. now practicing with ‘Bankler’s Case 1 Recovery Trainer’, so far only one successful landing out of (too) many but slowly getting better.

10 Likes

Got tired of crashing into the boat so tried out the Syria instant action mission “with inherent resolve”. Actually more like a single mission than instant, was fun but really challenging.

Tasked with taking out three buildings with pairs of dumb bombs. Tricky since once you pop up for delivery fighters get scrambled, you still have to reattack twice after dropping the first pair knowing they’re on the way. You’re advised to anchor your wingman (loaded with air to air) before the pop up point and set him loose when needed.

First try ended up with me ignoring the fighters for too long and getting blasted, second try I settled for two buildings then tried to help out my wingman. Sadly for him, I’m not proficient enough with air to air yet to do anything but turn circles in the sky and get lost in Jester menus. Turned tail and headed for the coast after wingy bit the dust.

Here we are coming in feet dry

Diving in for the first drop

feet wet, alone

edit - late to the party with this also, but the Syria map is nice! Gotta be one of the best maps in dcs I think. Been playing with wwII stuff for a while so never had much cause to fly around on it.

11 Likes

Awesome job!

2 Likes

Hey thanks! Makes me wonder how many other ‘instant’ missions are more single mission-ish.

Another good thing about coming late to the party (for a popular plane at least) is there are tons missions of and campaigns around, lots to look forward to.

5 Likes

Strike eagle has a hugely fun valley run - factory strike.

4 Likes

Experimenting with color grading but overdid a couple. Sky color banding drives me nuts because it looks fine in GIMP then looks like trash after exporting.

17 Likes

Superb!

2 Likes

Holy heck what resolution do you take these at?

2 Likes

I know, right! They look 4K. awesome sauce

2 Likes

I upscale my 1080p monitor to 4k :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Colour grading looks great to me! Not much you can do about compressed jpeg srgb export… there’s just no information in the blue part of the spectrum.

Hmmm. I wonder if webp supports more complete colour spaces?

Edit: it’s colour model seems similar to jpeg, so no it probably doesn’t :sadpanda:

3 Likes

I was hoping png would have better quality, and perhaps it does, but not enough to deal with banding.

Also on the resolution, that’s not the only thing making them crisp. The SSLA makes things look a lot sharper for me than MSAA ever did in 2D.

3 Likes

There’s different (maybe more pleasing) compression artifacts (depending on settings), but the colour model/space problem severely limiting the blue part of the spectrum that can be displayed remains a problem IIRC…

2 Likes

I feel a bit bad because I asked this so many times - I might be asking you again for like the third time? but… what’s your system? Do you manage to get good framerate with this graphic?