DCS Screenshots [2024]

Always go down when the singer’s high. Get in the weeds, get something between you and the tracking radar and if nothing else, get God’s G to help outrate the telephone pole of doom. DCS SA-2 overperform a bit iirc.

6 Likes

I was mostly just mesmerized watching the smoke trail tracking towards me. I managed to shake the first missile, but this one tracked true.

I’ll try it in VR next.

3 Likes

Take 2, flown in VR.

Magnum!

Unfortunately the Shrike isn’t a great missile, at least in my hands…

CBU’s away…

17 Likes

nice run with the CBU’s

2 Likes

Hey @PaulRix, I used to think of you as a pacifist, but the Phantom seems to have released your inner Dr. Evil :joy:

8 Likes

F— that zipcode in particular.

3 Likes

What can I say… the Phantom makes me want to blow stuff up… :sunglasses:

That run was just 4 CBU 87’s. I tried it with 8 and it momentarily brought my new PC to its knees.

3 Likes

Have you tried the cluster dispensers? They are absolutely glorious.

2 Likes

I haven’t ….but that sounds like something I should try later today!

I’m feeling a little guilty that I really want to drop some napalm…

3 Likes

Low level CBU passes will be awesome in the F4!

Cant wait till i get to make some.

2 Likes

I was impressed how you went after the SAM site at Groom early.

1 Like

Yes… Yes they are :rofl: (with added evil laugh)

2 Likes

yep, give the dispensers a throw, go with the full load with 513 bomblets per launcher :smiling_imp:

1 Like

18 Likes

Some more practice at my SA2 training site. After my success with the CBU87’s I figured that an SA2 site would more than likely have had some AAA protection, so I added 4 x ZU23’s which made things a lot more interesting…

Running in with 4 x Shrike ARM’s. It seems that the best way to take out a SA2 Fan Song radar is to stay low until you are within it’s minimum engagement distance.

Popping up… You can see the residual smoke from a missile launch that I was able to evade.

Inverted at the top of the pull up, I pulled the nose onto the target…

Rolled level and launched two Shrikes…

Amazingly, at least one of them found the mark… the ZU23’s seem a bit upset!

14 Likes

Flew a few ILS approaches into Andersen AFB. It’s a not easy but the ADI and flight director work absolutely fantastic in the F-4E
I was too occupied to take any screenshots during approach but I still got something:

The 17nm TACAN arc doesn’t look incredible but it’s alright I guess.

I also innitially overshot the ILS a bit but managed to correct it quickly. The first time I looked for the runway was when I intercepted the glideslope at around 7nm and the line up was pretty decent already. Got behind the power curve at the end but managed to save it

Edit: Jester was very happy though. I got a “Man that was smooth” or something along those lines.

8 Likes

yeah, got the same from him on last fight club… then drifted and rolled her over… Jester had no chance to comment on that :smile:

4 Likes

6 Likes

Providing CAS for embattled troops.

10 Likes

YGBSM

Singer 2 o’clock!

Running in…

…while evading AAA

Shack!

egress

10 Likes