DCS Screenshots [2024]

Whelp. I reinstalled DCS and took the F-15C (FC) to kick the tires and shake off the dust.

About as good as I could hope for, I guess.
I’m sure I’ll do much better in a study level plane.

Conspiring Jerry Seinfeld GIF by HULU

13 Likes

You’ll be fine. Try the MiG-21 now! It’s so easy.

7 Likes

don’t worry i am sure that next week the server will look something like this

16 Likes

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

6 Likes

I gotta ask, how?

1 Like

Well…I had a cold start in the F-15C. I just did the basic crtl+home start engine. I failed to realize that only one engine started, for some reason. I was able to get enough power to lift off, but after taking off, I wasn’t able to get a good angle. It started to wobble and veered left into the dirt.

Be easy, I’m a noob. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Ah, I didn’t notice it was a single engine take off. That makes a lot more sense, I was just impressed with how much carnage was occurring so quickly.

2 Likes

Another day, another attempt to land a plane in DCS.

This time I managed to have both engines on during takeoff!

I think I’m starting to get the hang of things.

Well…

I guess not…

My bum of a wingman was flying lower than me, panicked and pulled up into me and spun me over into the dirt.

I guess that’s one way to get a promotion in the Russian air force.

11 Likes

13 Likes

It ends, how it always ends.

11 Likes

looks like a good start though :grinning: the end could use a bit of work … but then I am still downloading the DCS patch and still have to pull the actual plane :face_exhaling:

2 Likes

10 Likes

Some of you guys have an amazing eye for Screenshots, OMFG!

11 Likes

Well, I did land, with damage on and somehow managed it. I was circling the field for 20 mins, trying to figure out how to put flaps down. Never could figure it out. So I landed hot and pulled it off.

10 Likes

Close call with a MiG-28

There is apparently much “chatter”/confusion on uncaging the Sidewinder to get a solid tone/lock. I’ve only been unable to uncage (and get a solid tone) certain models like the L model. It seems certain older models and even the newer P? have issues with the seeker head as intended for realism.

9 Likes

Yeah they don’t have tone in the middle, so if you have tone and then uncage it’ll be silent if you have a good track

3 Likes

“Taco Bell was a mistake.”

24 Likes

14 Likes

Took the F4 out for the first time.

Landing left a bit to be desired but, any landing you can walk away from…

6 Likes