DCS Simple Radio

dcs

Hey y’all!

Before I go to bed now, I just had an idea so I have to write it down:
I wondered if anyone here has tried that radio tool called “DCS-SimpleRadio” by Ciribob already.

Here’s the link:

It sounds pretty easy to setup and use, maybe we could use it for the next fly-in? And/or try it some time before that.
I’d love to try it. Those TS whisper channels we used last time were…kinda nice actually, but the setup was… meh.

Dunno, I guess it would add some realism while not being as complex as TARS (really, I never understood that one) or Aries (which I haven’t tried yet).

Sooo… any opinions?

3 Likes

(DCS) Blue flag is up - Blue or Red, make your choice
The future evolution of Flight Simming.

We did give it a try early last week. It works really well and, I think, we will be using it in the future.

3 Likes

What fridge said. I noted a few would like to haves, but overall it is perfectly usable and quite slick.

1 Like

I tried to get it working for Blue Flag, so far no luck. I think the LUA has borked itself on my install but haven’t gotten it figured out yet.

0 Likes

There is a copy of the lua export file in the zip you downloaded.

Otherwise have you tried unplugging and plugging it back in again?

0 Likes

I bashed on it with my hammer a little. Did very little to be fair.

I’ll give that a go when I find it important enough ;). Everyone seems to be on Teamspeak anyways.

0 Likes

Are we gonna use this for the fly-in? Is this compatible with the usual Teamspeak comms, how do I install it and is anything required server-side?

It certainly looks very interesting!

0 Likes

It’s a standalone thing from teamspeak or DCS, so you can operate both side by side.

The installation instructions are on the ED fora where you can also download it. I haven’t been able to get it working yet but perhaps you might have more luck.

1 Like

After a bunch of trial and error, we’ve gotten SRS to work for our multiplay. The most common issues are with speaker boost numbers and speaker/mic input settings. Once that was fixed, its great. And with jets with only one radio (F-5E), opening the SRS radio panel allows you the use of the secondary radio as a workaround.

-Jeff

1 Like

I like SRS alot, but no, I won’t be running it on my server this time around. There isn’t enough time to reasonably expect people to download, install, and test it before the weekend.

Next time we run a massively coordinated event however…

2 Likes

Alright, feeling a bit dumb.

I’ve installed DCS Simple Radio according to instructions, but anytime I try to bring up the overlay I get “Unknown” and red dots, no matter what vehicle I’m in.

I’ve installed the .NET framework and the other windows thingy, and I’ve checked my Export.lua. I can also connect to say, the Blue flag DCS-SRS server, but again, red dots and no audio.

Anyone have a hint?

0 Likes

Are all of the aircraft radio systems working? If not then it won’t work either.

0 Likes

Yeah they are. Similar note, TACVIEW is not recording for me (SP or MP) even though I appear to have everything set up and configured.

0 Likes

Could you post your lua file here so that we can verify that it’s correct?

0 Likes

Check the environment variable that tacview uses and see if it reverted to a previous setting (happens to me every time I install/upgrade tacview).

0 Likes

Got simple radio to work. Carefully reinstalled and followed the directions, not sure what was wrong initially.

TacView though…

Is the above a symptom of that?

0 Likes

Simple Radio has been updated to 1.2.9.7 Download and run the installer for update.

Happy simple radio-ing

0 Likes

Tried it today for the first time. I had issues with audio output but I think I have it figured out.

0 Likes