DCS South Atlantic

I vote for IAI Dagger

Dagger A. It’s a Kfir – a very refined Mirage III, but with better avionics and better engine. Without them, Argentina likely would not have sunk any British ships in the anchorages during the Falklands war.

Maybe if it’s not a lot of work, we could also have them in the Finger version – the Ultimate Kfir. All the good stuff from the Dagger version, plus better strike avionics than a Mirage 2000.

1 Like

Actually (I’ll correct myself) I don’t think they sank any, but they did severely damage several. They had no other aircraft that could have done it. Their A-4s tried, but never caused any serious damage.

1 Like

Another pieced of trivia.
The Argentine bombs triggers were set incorrectly for the delivery method they chose.

So several bombs didn’t go off once inside Britons ships.
Which in turn was a true problem for them as i t proved worse- it caused several many more casualties and damage when one of those (IIRC) exploded during the dismantling.

A-4Bs sank HMS Coventry, HMS Antelope, RFA Sir Galahad, HMS Ardent and badly damaged HMS Broadsword for one.

Ardent had been hit by Daggers before being later destroyed by A-4s

2 Likes

Go Scooter!

1 Like

Mega update from RAZBAM Discord about Stuff in progress to Falkland / Malvinas map… only a little stuff:

Sea Harrier FRS.1

Santa Fe, Sarta and Onix SSKs submarines

Sotoyomo class tug

Exocet land launcher

Unimog 406

LARC-V

LARC-V, Panhard 90 and LVTP-7

ARA Cabo San Antonio (ex-De Soto Country class LST) with LCVP and Barges

Atlantic Conveyor

Invincible class carrier

Rothesay Class Type 12M frigate

Allen M Sumner Class (Fram II)

Royal Navy Ships

16 Likes

Good gods… Love this…

Images don’t work for me. :-/

Vulcan confirmed!! :crazy_face:

1 Like

The Vulcan would be a first day purchase for me! When I was a young kid I used to watch them fly over the house. Probably one of the things that sparked the aviation bug for me.

5 Likes

Vulcan- oh boy! That will be an AWESOME addition to the ranks.

Remember Razbam team show a VC-10 tanker and other UK aircrafts was show in the past, surelly Victor, Vulcans and argentinian stuff can coming in a future.

While I can imagine AI Vulcans, I can’t picture a player-flown one until we have our first heavy from ED.

I like the idea of a Sea Harrier, but I want them to finish the AV-8B first.

1 Like

We don’t have the map size for strategic bombers. Intercepting them is one thing, actually flying them we need A LOT more space.

1 Like

I think the Sea Harrier FRS.1 might actually be easier to finish completely than the AV-8B. Less systems and special stuff to do.

I think we’d just need to temper our expectations. I don’t see anything wrong with having strategic bombers operate from our smaller theatres, even if the maps are ridiculously small for that. Trade away fuel for extra ordnance and it all balances out.

Make that first big bomber from WWII instead! (With multicrew).

1 Like

I find myself wanting to drive the tug. Err…pilot it…or helm it…or whatever you do with a tug. They should add it to Combined Arms…

1 Like

Only if it uses Merlin engines :wink: .

Take off from the most rearward bases, then climb in a holding pattern, then press on to the target. I bet missions of well over an hour would easily be possible… or for online just air start at the far edge of the map.

I would really enjoy trying to try in flight refueling in a Vulcan.

2 Likes