DCS: Spitfire Mk IX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmdDYypeLiw

:astonished:

Few easter eggs in there tooā€¦

2 Likes

was a well put together lil video.

ā€œEnglish Channel 1940ā€, Churchills ā€œThe fewā€ speech, and a Spitfire Mkā€¦IX?
I guess you play the hand you were dealt. I too wouldā€™ve liked a Mk.I in DCS :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought the same thing. Nice Video but should have been the ā€œGreatest Endeavorā€ speech IMO.

1 Like

According to Wags Spitefire is planned for DCS World 2.0 this weekend

2 Likes

Yup, as well as the Viggen.

7 Likes

Sometimes a single ā€˜likeā€™ press is not enough. Excellent news - excited! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I did my part.

4 Likes

Jeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaah!

1 Like

No Viggen in 2.0.5ā€¦

Spitfire Thru Downtown Vegasā€¦ Iā€™m Go Weaving through Sky Scrapersā€¦

2 Likes

just quick question for the propeller heads, isnt the effect of the spinning propeller from inside the cockpit on lets say DCS Spit over-done?
I was looking through few spinning propellers, one time even through spinning propeller of Spit on the ground and I didnt notices this distracting effect on high RPMā€¦ maybe on idle yesā€¦
Btw whats the Spit propeller RPM on full continuous power?

Some random DCS Spit video from inside the cocpit for quick reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv4qw8dcvIk

2600 RPM would a safe bet as long as you donā€™t overdo the boost

Oh man, I have let my skill at this go. I canā€™t land this! halp! Every f$#@ time it starts to swerve on rollout, and thereā€™s just no way I can catch it. If I so much as look at the brakes, it digs the nose in, bends the prop and game over have another go mate.

I had RPM and boost set as per the instructor in the landing tutorial.

I dread having to taxi this monster.

Other than that, for some reason I prefer this spit to Il-2ā€™s. Something about the scale perception. And thatā€™s despite Il-2 clouds being so much better than DCSā€™s. Odd.

2 Likes

What are you using for brakes?

Toe pedals.

1 Like

For the Spit, I use the slider on the Warthog throttle for brakes. Toe brakes are not precise enough for the Spit, at least in my experience.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll give that a go, thanks for the tip mate!

1 Like

You are welcome. It still wonā€™t be easy. A quote from a Spitfire pilotā€¦ā€™She was a Lady in the air, but a real B%$#* on the groundā€™. I think ED managed to capture that wellā€¦ :smile:

1 Like

My ground handling improved a lot since I made the handbrake
These days I use the axis lever on the VPC stick.

3 Likes