DCS: Syria

Already done:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3306657/

Start lobbying for a DCS: Cessna 150!

2 Likes

If you were a rich man…then you wouldn’t need to charge admission.

2 Likes

Alas, I was Lazar Wolf…cool name but not many singing parts…definitely not in “Richman”…think I had a short solo in “To Life”…a couple of lines…I really just did the darn thing to get points for National Honor Society and because there was a girl that I was hot on in it…mostly the girl.

3 Likes

A girl is what tends to motivate most men into doing just about anything.

Wheels

3 Likes

that only covers the last part of the first movie, there’s 4+ movies of Iron Eagle-ness

1 Like

Never saw past Iron Eagle 2 …did anyone actually bother watching the others?

I think I did. I remember 3 is the one with the warbirds. The P-38 and Spitfire I recall most clearly…as well as the guy opening his canopy and standing up to fire a bazooka at a plane behind him…because that’s a thing they did in WWII.

3 Likes

If you substituted the Yak-52 for T-6 Texans, you could do IE IV.

Trivia: For what film did Louis Gossett Jr win an Academy award? (Hint: It was not an Iron Eagle movie…shocking, I know.)

Just wait till you see how this Halifax (maybe?) replaced the rear turret with a smokey jet engine, and one of the prop spinners with a laser cannon!

3 Likes

That picture is legendary.
It’s like the artist is trolling military aviation fans! :smiley:

3 Likes

I think Louis won his Academy Award for his role in “An Officer and a Gentleman”

Wheels

2 Likes

Yeah still not tempted to watch it :rofl:

Ding, Ding, Ding! We have a winner! Congratulations - You have won 10 Mudspike points (use them wisely)

Louis Gossett Jr. won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor in the 1982 Film, An Officer and a Gentleman, in which he played Gunnery Sergeant Emil Foley, USMC.

Tragically, and despite the critically acclaimed “Bazooka Scene”, all the Iron Eagle films were ignored at the Oscars.

2 Likes

I have an Asus with that stupid picture but I had not noticed the Halifax/Lancaster with fricking laser beams…that is how to sell monitors anyway…what could be more awesome.

Maybe the Oscars are not so bad after all…

2 Likes

Ouch…that hurt. :laughing:

2 Likes

No, we were doing that in '73. My observance was that during the encore, everyone lit a <doobie, pipe, spliff, joint, apple core, bong, etc> in some anticipation of last call or in an effort of solidarity, if you will, often while looking over one’s shoulder for security. I guess that the feeling was, if everyone lit up, that they couldn’t possible arrest all of us. Those predisposed to avoid being detained, lacking said adult paraphernalia, or in my case, driving my dad’s car, simply held their Bic high.

4 Likes

Oh, that had to be “Enemy Mine”!

1 Like

Nice try but no. :slightly_smiling_face: