DCS: Syria

Here’s another one for you: what other alien character did Louis Gossett Jr play?

Jaffa on Stargate. I loved that show.

1 Like

Don’t remember the name, but it was a good movie. And he’s a good actor, heck he was a pregnant lizard in that movie!-)

1 Like

Close enough for gov’t work! He also voiced another in a popular game franchise that most of us have heard of.

2 Likes

He also Played a Prior of the Ori :smirk:

we need this in DCS
https://images.app.goo.gl/jxDWfwMPwZ3xqufG8

2 Likes

I might be mistaken, but I think the FAQ has been updated with F10 map screenshots.

2 Likes

Lots of WIP Pics

5 Likes

Thanks for posting this @Phantom88!

1 Like
9 Likes

Beat me to posting it!
The maps looks awesome, I am looking forward to bug fixes getting as back to 2.5.5 levels of function and then spending a lot of time flying this terrain hopefully.

@NineLine I saw on Facebook the comments and your replies regarding the detail level and current VR performance, is there anything you can say in regards to regular 2D performance on this map?

Its still a WIP of course, but I expect it to land somewhere between the channel and the PG map, but again they are still tuning and dialing things in, I believe they learned a lot from Normandy and the follow up fixes to that map.

1 Like

Channel map is still going to get a few optimisation passes right?

Looking forward to flying this strike. Map looks pretty good to me!

A couple of things:

1 - You owe me a new MacBook Pro…I drooled so much watching the video, I shorted out my laptop! :wink:

2 - Remind me never to fly MP against Wags.

3 - Cannot wait to put the Kuznetsov in the Sea of Galilee!

More seriously:
The terrain detail is awesome. Has there been any discussion about impact of frame rates?

2 Likes

That’s the closest I’ve ever seen DCS get to a Falcon BMS type mission, down low, under the radar, precision strike, and low level egress. Makes me really look forward to both the map and especially the dynamic campaign. Hopefully it will be able to create missions like the one shown.

5 Likes

On ED’s Facebook posts there were a couple questions about frame rates and VR. Sounded like this map fell somewhere between PG and the new channel map in terms of performance, but it is still being worked on.

1 Like

That rolling terrain is gorgeous…and definitely will be nice for us helo pilot guys that need some terrain masking…

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hF3_typd2A

5 Likes