DCS: Syria

I’d sell your left nut for the fjords too!
So many hours flying EF2000 there…so good.

5 Likes

I see real life pictures of the fjords and that EF2K music starts playing in my head automatically.

2 Likes

I mostly remember the English accented Bitching Betty saying “Pull Up, Pull Up”

1 Like

Yup!
No doubt about that scism. Bought on sight. It is most beautiful map in DCS. Hope it plays nice with my 8700 old i7.

1 Like

My 1070 is gonna beg for mercy. It’s due for replacement the day the 30x0s hit.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Always first with the news and vids
@Phantom88 top man :blush:

3 Likes

LOL…I “Should” be painting a spare bedroom :blush:

3 Likes

Here! Here! Absolutely! Shiraz is awesome. Lots of good apron starts for fixed wing and helo. A very nice CIV-MIL airfield. The surrounding city really gives you the “hey, I’m in the middle of Iran” feeling.

Kerman is a MILAIR giant. Lots of dispersed parking, hangars and ammo/fuel buildings. I don’t know whether to make it my home base or or my target for massive OCA strikes.

Jiroft. A nice little CIV airfield that easily converts to a forward mil airfield, although I think it can only support 2 smallish fighters.

The valley just east of Jiroft, running NNE towards Kerman is made for tank battles and includes 2 archeological sites, perfect for hidden JTACs.

Good to know you got your priorities straight bud. As you were.

1 Like

MMmmmm…Wife has “Other” Ideas!! :grin: Thanks Bud!!

Bit OT but,I know only some of Turkey is included in Map,Wondering if The Presidential Palace of Ankara will be included? Do you guy’s remember The Failed Turkish Military Coup from 2016? Very Scary night!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juGRo68kloE

I think that Ramat David may have been the air base that one of my squadron mates parachuted into in 1986. He almost got shot…quite the story. LOL

EDIT: Incirlik looks very nice…a bit of “I can see my house from here” nostalgia. Not really my house but the bunker where I worked. There was this one time when the power went out…

…Oops, my MacBook is telling me it needs a restart to add some updates. Maybe another time. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

I will ask again if there is an eta for release?

1 Like

The only ETA I have read is ”this summer”.

1 Like

Late summer. Might be next patch, mid August, or even later, October.

4 Likes

Yea I’m thinking next patch as well,August?? It looks to be feature complete,Of course,I was Way Off on SuperCarrier Release by about 3 months…So,what Do I Know??? Zip!!! :smile:

I believe Wags said he would be doing a Beirut,Lebanon Helo tour soon…Looking forward to that.

2 Likes

Well we are all children basically - and for children the end of summer is when school starts. Which at least over here is the beginning of September (ignoring COVID situation) therefore it must be the next OB patch for August otherwise it’s not summer anymore!

3 Likes

I like that argument. Have a cookie :cookie:

6 Likes

Did they happen to mention Sumer in which hemisphere? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Well I bought it this morning, something to look forward to :slight_smile:

2 Likes