DCS VR Shaders Mod (now with instructions!)

vr
dcs

ummm… your framerate? How the sim looks?

You ever look at something. And then wonder - did it always look like that or am I just thinking it looks different? That’s where I’m at.

I just went ahead and redid the shaders mod - takes all of a couple minutes to do just in case…though it takes a bit longer to rebuild the shaders. Trying to get my install up to speed for the fly-in… :+1:

Look at the desktop mirror.
If there is a circle within which everything looks ok, and outside of that is distortions, the mod is active.
If the full rectangular window looks OK, the mod is not active

Seem a little complex to apply!

I won’t start if i’m not sure it works good with multiplayer!
Any advice?

Just look at the DCS server list and see if your server requires a “pure client” (which is what the game calls integrity check)

I use OVGME to install it and can deactivate it any time I need to such as updating or trying out different settings. It is very simple to do.
Here is the guide for using it
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=182827

I use OVGME too, but as I have said in the original post of this thread, OVGME cannot track the changes made to your DCS install by the process of shaders compilation.

This means: removing with OVGME does NOT remove all traces of this mod, although it does work for mods that do not change the shaders.
I have tried removing this mod with OVGME only, but then you still cannot join IC servers.

Hence why I said you have to clean your install too, and remove all shaders directories, then do a repair.

Never saw that thanks. :slight_smile:

Does anyone clear out the shader cache after updating graphics drivers? Is there any point.

Yes and yes. Also get the gamma correction shader mods by kegetys while you are at it.

The what now?
What does this mod do?

http://www.kegetys.fi/

the sRGB and VR shader mods stack. Another rather important tweak is this:

Dynamic range often is set to limited. Set it to full on both your outputs for major improvement in image quality!

Didn’t know Kegetys had a website!
Thanks!
I’m using his VR shader mod.

Edit: If I was upper echelon big dude in charge of ED, Kegetys would be on my payroll. They guy clearly know stuff.