DCS World 2 - Update/Change List News

I love so much of this!

lemme know how that is before I waste money on it…

It’s the desert dude… deal.

1 Like

I will deal with it when you do my f111. !!!rage bbq one something or other. :wink:

Never part of any prior agreement, stipulation is void.

2 Likes

Soooooo

From that video, did they forget to add runway textures to the new fields? They’re completely lacking of runway markings.

(Full disclosure, I haven’t updated and ran NTTR to see if it was just an issue with the build used for the video.)

That they do

I kind of want a Cessna, or dare I say, a Beech

3 Likes

The detail area of the map expanded west to the California/Nevada border, north into the Smokey and White Pine Mountains, east to include a smidgeon of utah, and south to include parts of Arizona. It also looks like the NTC is in higher detail.

Also they added a whole bunch of countries. I get to fulfill my dreams of splashing Hugo Chavez!

There’s currently a performance issue in the Open Alpha for VR users, so if you just do that then worth waiting a bit longer for it to be sorted out. I get about 10 FPS with either an Nvidia or AMD card, where the comparative 1.5 Open Beta on the same hardware gets at least a solid 45 FPS reprojection. The previous Open Alpha ran ok before too.

Hopefully a hotfix or settings tweak on the way, as once you have downloaded the 20GB map update then it’s a pain to have to download it again to revert.

Glad it’s just the video!

I just tested the update, and yes, there definitely is something going on that kills the FPS in VR. I set everything as low as possible and pixel density to 1.0. Better, but still really bad. :fearful:
Noticed some grass that I hadn’t seen before the update, and this grass didn’t go away with grass and clutter set to zero. Maybe that’s the culprit? :skull:

I have a home alone weekend and was planning on doing some DCS :vr: flying, so I’m going back to 2.0.3. Thank you @SkateZilla for your Updater GUI! :heart_eyes:

Is there a way to have two shortcuts - one to launch DCS World with VR and one to launch without it? Kind of a pain to have to launch it, go to settings, then close it and relaunch it. Not a huge pain…but it’d be great to be able to just select it from my desktop…

Yeah…confirmed for me. Just launched in VR and was getting 15FPS at Mesquite (which should be very low as far as scenery demands). Would normally getting 60-90 probably…so something is up.

1 Like

My GUI Utility has buttons for VR On/VR Off

you can add command arguments to the shortcut.

dcs.exe --force_enable_VR dcs.exe --force_disable_VR

We have identified a severe performance bug w/ 2.0.4 and VR currently.

2.0.3 and 1.5.5 are unaffected.

5 Likes

Informed users agree, @SkateZilla’s utility is the path to DCS enlightenment.

4 Likes

I noticed this guy on the ED forums, swapping terrain files, using 2.0.3 NTTR in 2.0.4, and fixing the FPS issue. Although he didn’t get the new airfields, of course :wink:

This and since 1.5.5 being fine, would suggest the problem lies in the terrain…

I also noticed myself, that changing the grass setting didn’t seem to affect the amount of grass in the sim.

But why only in :vr: …?

Guess that’s why it’s an alpha! :wink:

it’s not the actual map that’s the problem,

the problem is another part of 2.0.4 that the 2.0.3 terrain does not use.

1 Like

Ok… Glad it’s been found!

Can we expect a quick fix, or will this be updated next regular update?

NAS Fallon has at north of Walker lake. NTC (national training center) at north of Dagget VOR, and Edwards AFB near MU box map. Monterrey bay show on the west california map (low res?) Not sure what extension of low resolutions has extended.