I am going to stop creating new topic for all of these update posts and just put them all here
And just in time to possibly interfere with my XCom 2 play time, an update for DCS World 2 has been released.
Remember, this is still in Alpha/Beta…
A-10C: 16-2 Red Flag Campaign release
DCS 2.0.1 Changelog
- Helicopter gets damaged when using a short length of rope is fixed
- Helicopter AI can’t unhook the cargo on the ground is fixed
- The rope displayed incorrectly at the joint with the cargo - fixed
- Added pop-up notification for available modules to install
- ILS freq in ME will match the F10 Airdrome Data
- MP. Mouse moving on briefing screen also controls background camera view - fixed.
- Mi-8MTV2. AI will use taxi lights
- F10 view airfield resource menu will not overlay to mission editor after the mission
- Default cockpit language layer not default but alphabetical
- MP. “Pause when empty” function on server config was added
- MP. The possibility to copy of server and mission text was added
- MP. Added imposter settings indication
- The taxi lights and weapon lighting elements will light up objects on the ground
- Absent rotor blade of static Mi-8 is restored
- Model of static Ka-50 is corrected
- ME. The “Clone” button added to Mission goals panel
- 9А4172 Vikhr ATGM. Speed corrected
- Throttle position will synchronized in multiplayer
- RKL-41 was corrected
- Accelerometer Reset Knob will able to reset negative-G recording pointer
- Avionics state will synchronized in forward and rear cockpits
- Barometric altimeter pressure settings corrected
- RWR does not indicated being tracked is fixed
- RWR will works after player occupied AI aircraft
- Su-25 “Revanche” campagne. Script error after first mission of is passed
- P-51D/TF-51D: Bank-and-Turn indicator pointer is very oscillated in D&C state - fixed
- Wrong FFB trimming behavior is fixed
- Wheel brakes are tuned
- Circuit breaker for Engine ignition and others will work
- Canopy switch fixed
- MP. landing and taxi lights on net phantom is corrected
- Nose wheel Synchronization mechanics is turned ON by default
- Pressurization effect on the ground is corrected
- Corrected cockpit model at low graphics settings
- Corrected FFB shake
- Barometric altimeter limits are corrected
- Corrected control system
- Mouse pointer will not be visible in binocular view
DCS Fw 190 D-9
- Rudder will not works after its knocked off
- MW50 pressure gauge corrected
DCS M-2000C by RAZBAM
- Add emergency compass
- Add mirror (functions like rear-view camera for now)
- Add Super 530D TOF (time of flight) and TTI (time to impact) HUD calculations
- Add temporary switch definitions for controls binding
- Add text to Selective Jettison switch cover
- Fix cockpit knobs that didn’t act like knobs
- Fix HSI & ADI (Boule) giving incorrect heading
- Fix ECM box displaying invalid number on rearm
- Fix center pylon placement
- Fix HUD geometry
- Fix alignment of HUD elements
- Fix interception ring logic
- Fix GBU release crash
- Fix to sustained turn rate
- Fix for trim commands not having correct authority
- Fix for AP not functioning in area of low ground elevation
- Fix keyboard & joystick default.lua (hopefully this is the one…)
- Fix incorrect flight model tail airfoil shape
- Fix for calculations of tail aerodynamics & rudder effectiveness
- Fix for total wind velocity using wrong value
- Fix for incorrect fuel tank centroid
- Fix flight model shuddering on ground
- Fix HUD declutter switch
- Fix missing text on IFF panel
- Fix missing panel lighting
- Fix various miscellaneous bugfixes
- Update gun snake logic
- Update input definitions
- Update transonic drag modeling
- Update roll/yaw coupling
- Update manual
- Update folder structure
- Update default VOR frequency
- Update panel lighting (notice backlight interaction with shadows/sunlight now)
- Canopy lock feature enabled
- New cockpit texture with missing labels
At first I was “wuuuuuuuut?”…
Then I was “ohhhhhhhh”…
Tomorrow we PLAN to release 2.0.1 and then 1.5.3 next Friday.
Regarding getting the A-10C: 16-2 Red Flag campaign for free:
1- Those that purchased the Nevada map prior to 1 October 2015 will get this campaign for free.
2- Those that purchased the Nevada map between 1 October 2015 and 1 December 2015, will get this campaign for free IF they have not already gotten for the F-15C: 16-2 Red Flag Campaign.
When ready, the free keys will available from the campaign store page here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co…flag_campaign/
Helps to read the forums when something doesn’t seem to work! That @wagmatt guy always seems to know what’s going on over there.
Loving this patch so far!
Yay! DCS World 2.0.4 is out!
From the World Weekend Update for 18 November:
#Release of DCS World 2.0.4 with DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Map Extension Pack
Today we will be releasing the next update to DCS World 2.0, version 2.0.4. The primary addition to this update is the inclusion of the Extension Pack for the DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range map. This extension includes 13 new airfields and several new cities and towns. One of the new airfields is Tonopah Test and Training Range airfield, that was home to the “Red Eagles” flying Russian-developed aircraft and the F-117A “Stealth Fighter” wing. This is a FREE extension pack to owners of the Nevada map. Enjoy!
Which includes a link to a nice YouTube video:
There are some sales associated with the Nevada Map and the F-5E. Both are, in my eyes, worth the price!
DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Range Map - Extension Pack
Known issues: DCS Gazelle not working, will be fixed soon
- ME. Attack point circle on the map restored
- Debriefing. The duplicate tasks and aircraft names in the General Debriefing Data will be filtered
- Added clickable radio-menu
- AI UH-1H will not able to fly with broken tail rotor
- MP. Added keyboard shortcut (F5) to refresh a list of servers in the lobby
- MP. Lobby. The task column was replaced with an airfield column.
- MP. Fixed bug that causes a no restriction movement of F11 view after ESC pressing
- Simulation ESC menu. Added Audio Option panel button
- Simulation ESC menu. Added Quit to Desktop button
- Crash when trying to take control (jump into) of AI helicopter with vertical velocity more than 2 m/s has been fixed
- Mission Generator. GUI Error when trying to change the starting position of vehicle company has been fixed
- MP. Player kick button will visible only on server
- The LOD of destroyed Kamaz-43101 model has been fixed
- MP. Increased default timeouts to 300 seconds
- MP. Network protocol changed (version 2.0.4 incompatible with 2.0.3)
- Added new 3D models: KRAZ truck and Merkava 4 MBT.
- Il-78 tanker. Added lights animation to UPAZ refueling pod.
- Playable aircraft will not explode when reach negative altitude
- Bug causing some buildings invisible to client and host is fixed
- AI wingman will not fly away from the map after tanker destruction
- Name of airfields in the radio menu corrected
- “On Shot” trigger will work with manpads
##DCS Hawk T.1 by VEAO
- Aden gun pod fire and ejector positions updated.
- Brake pressure gauges now functional.
- Transponder panel now active (for future functionality).
- Gun and stores stick flaps animated correctly.
- External textures optimized.
- Kneeboard updated for authentic Hawk checklists (see install instructions in kneeboard folder).
- New Nevada airfields and beacons for TACAN, VOR and ILS added.
- Rear seat switching implemented for single player including functionality:
- Press 2 and 1 to switch cockpits (can also assign to joystick).
- Click spots updated for rear seat functionality.
- Flap and gear control (clickable and joystick) implemented, including emergency flap and gear.
- Flap and gear indicators functional.
- Hydraulics and brake pressure gauges implemented.
- Parking brake, Anti-Skid, Oxygen switch and AC/DC buttons all implemented.
- HSI, Standby ADI, DGI and pressure settings switches, buttons and knobs functionality implemented.
- All rear cockpit dash gauges implemented.
- HSI Tacan / ILS navigation and glideslope functions implemented.
- Beacon light and test implemented.
- Accelerometer reset implemented.
- CWP indicators functional including test switch.
- Attention light reset switches implemented.
- Land/Taxi light switch implemented.
- Cockpit lighting switches, including dimmers, implemented.
- Cockpit lighting WIP for FPS improvements.
- CCS box implemented; VHF/UHF/ILS/Tacan (tune radios in front cockpit).
- Canopy locking lever and safety catch implemented. Note: there is no grab handle in the back, press LCtrl+C to close or front cockpit grab handle).
- Engine start / re-light sequence implemented. You can start the jet from the back but some switches in front need to be set (Ignition, Battery, LP Fuel Cock and Fuel Pump).
- Weapons indicator panel functional and tied to front cockpit switch functionality (indicator lights show what has been set in the front).
- Weapon override switch functional (set to override to disable firing of weapons).
- Weapon jettison button functional.
- Ability to ride-along in the rear seat in Player 2 slot on multi-player servers.
- New night lighting implemented in both cockpits.
- Bug with ABRIS that Eastings coordinates off by 1 degree has been fixed
- Animation of ejection sequence fixed
- Parking brake fixed
- Fire exhaust effect for Ka-50’s APU has been added
- Searchlight will be synchronized between clients in multiplayer
- Anti-ice system switch will be OFF at cold start
- ADI failure lamp will lit when AC power is missing
- Corrected latitude value on GMK-1
- Cockpits sounds will depend of corresponding canopy state, forward cockpit by forward canopy and rear cockpit by rear canopy.
- Emergency generator extension will be visible on net phantoms.
- RadioCommandDialogPanel error when MP client second time occupied the rear cockpit has been fixed
- Steerpoint marker on HUD will not floating
- The parasitic elements of external 3D model were removed from cockpit
- Fixed click sound for some cockpit switches
- UHF radio tone sound will not heard without electrical power
- TAD symbols will not disappearing
- Second AIM-9 missile will have a seeker indication on HUD
- Inverted spin has been simulated.
- UHF Radio - Hinged Access Door will be opened.
- AIM-9 tone will not be heard if both wingtips gone off.
- Landing gear audible warning will be heard when warning test switch enabled.
- TACAN channel selector animation corrected.
- Fixed RWR sound issues with new contacts.
- Wing bend and twist due to G-loads has been corrected.
- Changing TACAN channel will not interrupt current radio chat.
- Input: Added some axis commands for TDC, rudder trim, lights etc.
- With the start in the air the F-5E will be trimmed on the assigned speed like it is implemented for all other aircraft.
- Aileron limiter now disabled at cold start.
- Single player missions added.
- Added inert and training stores.
- Added wing damage with high G overload.
- Drag chute can not be fully deployed without any airstream.
- Drag chute model corrected.
- Fixed missing right wing light halo
- Corrected training missions triggers (setting course).
- Some corrections to Flight Manual
- Added pilot to cockpit
- Fixed fuel pressure lights simultaneously going off after single engine start
- Fixed oxygen pressure gage showing 0 after turning off supply lever
- Fixed chaff program execution when single flare is selected
- Added IFF input commands
- Fixed incorrect effect of flap deflection on pitching moment
- Su-33: Autopilot mode indication will work
- Su-33. Digital fuel indicator repaired
- Su-25T. Engine sound will not disappear in cockpit when RPM<36% and RPM>98%
- F-15C. The override possibility of TWS 30 degree scan to 60 degree scan has been eliminated
- F-15C. TDC will not be slewed by mouse to outside the scan zone
- Su-27. Incorrect indication of fuel quantity when starting in air has been fixed
- Su-27. Flight control system with AOA and G-limiter has been adjusted
- Su-27. Autopilot has been adjusted
- Su-27. Tires strength has been adjusted
##DCS Fw 190 D-9
- Pilot model in cockpit is able to be disabled
- The decreasing of fuel via refueling dialog will not affect to MW50 quantity
- Keyboard commands for reticle brightness control has been Inverted
- Player’s role changing will be reproduced in track
- External F2 camera will do not zooming out on certain angles
- The missing a pilot’s skin fragments were restored
- Side machineguns control by TrackIR and mouse has been refactored
- ‘Hot start’ fire is now visible for other clients in multiplayer
- Search and landing lights will be synchronized between clients in multiplayer
- Autopilot yaw channel and pedals keyboard control has been reverted
- Taxi & landing lights will enabled when hot start on ground at night
- APU exhaust fire is now visible for other clients in multiplayer
##DCS C-101 by AvioDev
###New items not present in latest 1.5.5 version:
- Added provisional kneeboard with C-101EB checklist.
- Finished rear cockpit fuel and engine panels.
- Coded landing lights switches for rear cockpit.
- Coded rear cockpit pitot heat korry button.
- Fixed korry covers (now you need to open the cover to be able to click the korry).
- Fixed batteries 50ºC temperature korry indication for rear cockpit.
- TACAN X/Y channel have got click sound.
- Rear cockpit emergency canopy lever coded.
- Pilot heat and engine anti-ice systems will reset their state when power is lost.
- TACAN control panel switches and Intercom TCN knobs are properly set up now at mission start.
- Fixed animation for TACAN X/Y channel knob and indication.
##Items already present in latest 1.5.5 version:
- Reworked EB stall system test and indication (AOA/STALL warning light will now lit only when stall system is OFF or when the system is in test. Normal system operation, when AOA is over limit - pedals vibration and sound. RESET/OFF/TEST switch was made spring-loaded for both positions).
- Implemented rear cockpit Korry buttons (ESS bus transfer, L/R battery isolate, Emergency aileron disconnect).
- Added the following clickability/indication in rear cockpit: GPU korry button, fuel tanks red/green flags, fuel quantity indicator, fuel panel korry buttons, ignition light test, engine computer and engine anti-ice korry buttons.
- Fixed cockpit mechanism.
- Removed -1000 ft limit for altimeters.
- Reworked ejection seat model and labels.
- Updated autostart sequence.
- Fixed and finished all cockpit texture.
- Now GPU can only be connected by using radio menu, deleted its keyboard function.
- Fixed problem with the front cockpit being clickable from the rear one.
- Fixed cockpit specular texture.
- TACAN will work in all theaters now.
- TACAN panel animation and clickability updated.
- Terrain masking is correctly accounted now.
- TACAN ID audio can be switched on/off now via intercom in the rear cockpit.
- AA TACAN is functional now.
- Test function was fixed, automatic self-test function was added (starts after 3 sec timeout, when TACAN station signal is lost). Test function can be interrupted by selecting another channel, or switching mode dial to another mode.
- TACAN ranging function can be turned off by pulling TACAN DME circuit breaker.
##DCS M-2000 by RAZBAM
- PCA Lights.
- TAS radar mode selection.
- PCA mode selection.
- CCIP TAS accuracy.
- CCRP TAS accuracy.
- safety paddles remain up for AI
- Intercom fuel switch broken
- Texture mapping issue (cockpit)
- Document handler issue (cockpit)
- “Boule” Pole position cold & dark: incorrect
- “Boule” bank angle issue
- Rockets (PPA) - problem with PAR
- V/UHF Panel Issues
- Dark Canopy fix for external model
- Missing kneeboard texture on pilot’s body model
I’d like to know how KMUD was left out of the new airfields list…(it’s where all the cool people hang out!)
I am so stoked to fly Nevada now!
13 new airfields!! I had no idea the update would be this big.
Unfortunately, I’m throwing a party tonight so it will have to wait until tomorrow.
Can anybody show me what the F10 map looks like now?
I agree. Some of those airfields are pretty short (like a bit over 3,000’…) which should be some fun challenges for landings. I swear this sim begs for a utility turboprop that can be made part of the mission (like a Caravan or C-27J)…
Looks like a 20GB download. It’s going to be a long day of anticipation (due to my pedestrian rural internet connection)…
Time to fire up the APU on your Global and use the WiFi… (LOL…just kidding…I’m sure that isn’t much faster…and probably a hundred dollars per gig…!)
Thanks for mentioning it. I’ll just let it download now while we’re preparing dinner then!
It is pretty slow, especially the satellite internet connection (for when we are out of the CONUS area). And yes, VERY expensive.
Oh I would love to have something like that in DCS… landing in the dirt to deliver artillery ammo and/or S-8 rockets for Mi-8 would be awesome
Clearly you did not leverage enough of your internet fame on @wagmatt
As my connection gently weeps.
My legions of fans agree…
I think you guys are going to have to uninstall it. The map is all brown!
Hmm… wonder if the download will be finished by the time i get home from Fantastic Beasts…