DCS: World Texture DLCs

Starway official anouncement, caucasus texture pack to DCS: World

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2744786&postcount=1

[quote]

Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway

This DLC is a complete retexturing of the existing DCS World Caucasus map to provide a new and improved look and feel. The objective of this DLC is not just to create more modern graphics, but to also make the map more resemble this geographic region. This has been accomplished by basing most of the textures on satellite images of the Caucasus region. Specially, the fields and grass areas much better match this region than the default map textures.

Beyond that, a great deal of time and effort has done into creating new building textures. They are high resolution now and are also based on the actual region. This is also true for the trees, surface textures beneath urban areas, and of course the mountains. These are remarkable changes to giving this map a huge level of improvement.

This DLC also contains features that are less apparent, such as: all the lua files (files for terrain configuration) has been improved, better road textures, updated noise and clutter textures, and the border textures between fields.

Caucasus Map Texture DLC by Starway Features:

– Noise/base textures in for all seasons

– Overall HD building textures for all building except airports
– Completely new field and grass textures for all seasons based on satellite images of the Caucasus region
– Volumetric tree textures for all seasons
– Mountain textures based on satellite images for all seasons
– Distant terrain textures for all seasons

– New textures/noise for all cities, towns, and industrial areas for all seasons
– Border textures for all seasons
– New road textures for all seasons

– Adjusted terrain configuration files

It will cost $ 14.99 and will be available very soon!

Happy flying!
Starway

Trailer

https://vimeo.com/162879064

Comparison screenshots

[/quote]

7 Likes

I find his texture work impressive, but that is not nearly enough snow for my tastes.

3 Likes

Really impressive, especially spring and summer. I’ve used his Vietnam set for a while now and look forward to these.

I am IN for 15 bucks.

I like the look of this - I’m keen to see the old map on the 2.0 too as I tend to just stick to Nevada recently and haven’t updated my 1.5 for a while. Roll on the 2.5 merge…

2 Likes

Tell you what. Yes but not now. Let’s see the big merge first.
But by the look of it- hell yeah.

1 Like

Looks very impressive. I just spent about 24 hours downloading 2.0 and the NTTR (probably a bit premature seeing as my new PC isn’t here yet). I’ll most definitely get this texture pack after the 2.5 merge.

1 Like

They nailed my add-on price point.

1 Like

Really nice. I’ll buy it for sure ($15 isn’t much). It does beg the question - why don’t they just hire the guy to redo the textures? Or is there an incentive to not do that?

2 Likes

Well, maybe HE doesn’t want to be partof ED.
Just a quick personal opinion, but if I was The guy I’d rather do what I like at my own pace (for whichever game I want, I might add) rather than having to “take orders”.

Without entering the thorny realm of unpopular/popular opinion about ED.

I personally wouldn’t mind being hired as a texturer/modeler, but I’m not everyone.

1 Like

Now all that map needs now is a dash of tessellation.:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hey Chris, as stated in a recent news update, we are already internally working on a free Caucasus map update for 2.5 later this year (no details yet). We will continue supporting and updating the Caucasus map. However, we wanted to give this talented artist the opportunity to provide our customers another option.

9 Likes

THAT’s good news.

1 Like

Hey @wagmatt - great to see you. Yeah, I figured there must be incentives for both the artist and ED to maintain a relationship like this. Personally, I love the option and really like the way we are able to a la carte more and more items (campaigns, aircraft, and now terrains). It reminds me of the very successful lineup that Aeyes used to make for Falcon and EECH with his cockpits and textures. I think it’s great…

BeachAV8R

1 Like

It looks great and for 15 bucks Im in.

1 Like

Im flying his last issue of textures along with his sweetFx or 2.0 shader mod and I like it…

Staryways texture mods

@wagmatt Sorry if I ask, but will the Staryways texture be compatible with the Caucasus map update you’re developing?
In any case… Thank you guys! :smiley:

He has said on the ED forums that there is no reason why it shouldnt, it may need some tweaking, but still should work.

@SiThSpAwN
Thanks, my time on forums is limited and I haven’t searched too much on the ED forums.:stuck_out_tongue:
My fear was just something like- they are going to cover the same ground (if you allow me the pun), so that they become mutually exclusive.

I have literally zero information on either mods, except what has leaked here.

Wait a sec: re-checking the ED forums…

Some nice pictures at page 17 :open_mouth:wowza…

1 Like