DCS WWII

carefully raises hand

1 Like

Iā€™ll just throw out that I never even heard of the IL2 series until after I started playing DCS A-10C in 2013.

No, I own itā€¦IL2: BoS and IL-2: CoD, Iā€™ve just never really played them other than to grab a few screens. Maybe an hour or less. Never a campaignā€¦

Iā€™m waiting for Battle of Bodenplatte. DCS WW2 looks to be really expensive.

1 Like

Can you use combined arms in the ww2 asset tanks?

Yes, although it still needs some love, but the units pack is still getting more units and such.

1 Like

Got round to flying The Big Show mission 1 this week which is nicely done in generalā€¦but some advice.

You see NLS he is very good at taxiing into the back of meā€¦despite my swerving. On the 3rd attempt to get to the runway in one piece I decided to take the grass route and let him take off first as he was so eager.

You see that weird bulge under the Spitfire - yep I noticed that about half way over the channel (thus didnā€™t put the ext fuel switch on doh) - that was not in game the last time I used the Spit. I kept it on for the dog fighting and scored one kill but the game crashed on the way back to blighty when I hit F10 so will try again soon.

3 Likes

This thing sure looks good in motion

6 Likes

I prefer the A-8 over the Dora (Dunno why exactly. Probably just the looks or because it is a versatile fighter bomber with a lot if different possible armaments).
So I will most likely buy that module.

4 Likes

They are night and day. One is fat the other slim. One makes me think air to air the other multirole. Both make me glad that I play DCS

1 Like

That trailer is sooooo good. Iā€™ve watched it at least a dozen times. Canā€™t wait for the A-8!

2 Likes

Glowing Amraam is a God.

2 Likes

Well said

Like the shorter nose of the A-8. It looks more balanced to me. Since I already have the D-9 I will buy this one, eventually.

Wheels

Iā€™ve been on a WW2 binge lately, so the A8 looks amazing. The cockpit textures are superior to anything else that Iā€™ve experienced. Fantastic trailer.

1 Like

The only thing that would have made the trailer even more awesome would be if they had shown it using some of the cool armament options that bird had, like:

• bombs
  • torpedoes
  • dual 30mm cannons
  • WGr.21 rockets

Did you play CFS3 too? :rofl:

It seems the Torpedo was more for the F-8 variant, and even then - a rare occurrence.
Yet, I would love to have it anyway.

1 Like

No, I havenā€™t played CFS3, I stopped in that series after CFS2.

As far as I recall the variant was called A-8/U11.

Google found files for the A-8 on steam. Still waiting for a pre-order to pop-up!

The music nods to the Phantom of the opera main theme a couple of timesā€¦ :slight_smile: corny but good.

1 Like