DCS Yak-52

I really like doing aerobatics in Aerofly FS2, in VR.
But I have a feeling DCS flight and systems modelling will be…better… :wink:

2 Likes

Note to self. Never get into an aircraft that has leather straps for my feet. There could only be one result…

1 Like

I will never forget my flight in Uppsala. I went to the local air field and they gave me a demo flight in glider.
IP: You ever worn one of these? (As he holds up the parachute)
ME: Yeah! (As I assume the position for getting suited up)
IP: You want to go hard or soft
ME: What do you mean, its only a glider (with obvious ignorance in my voice)
IP: NO! This is an Aerobatic Glider!!!
ME: :):grinning: AWESOME!

I was very proud of myself for not getting totally sick.

5 Likes

Just like a motorized aircraft with an engine failure. :wink:

1 Like

We can all sleep easy now - looks what’s in the latest update:

7 Likes

I just love that quirky kite! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes
2 Likes

If it doesn’t fly like a rocket ship, turn on a dime, and have a liquid cooled V12, it’s not a Yak. This is… Some kind of… Yak imposter.

Real Yak made of delta wood, defend motherland from great many fascist hordes. Kill many enemy of motherland.

P.S. Multiplayer multicrew?

1 Like

Well it does turn on a dime. As for the rest, yeah not so yakish. And she will protect your Motherland only if mom happens to be an aerobatic box being attacked by particulary incompetent competitors. And even then, only in Sportsman.

3 Likes

Lazy imperialist oaf! You think Dmitry kill many fascist hordes with gun like weak capitalist? He fly like real man, use many bottles of glorious vodka, fly into enemy with plane made of great motherland delta wood! Silly Americans think delta wood bested by Paul Norris. Great motherland delta wood stronger than titanium, like solid rock, only glorious comrades of revolution craft!

1 Like

So…not a real Yak?

Many Soviet tears shed… :cry:

6 Likes

Why you think imperialist called “Forger”?! No delta wood! Have more engine than wing! Take off like helicopter of Kamov! Is not real Yak.

1 Like

Look comrade, with demise of Stalin, yakovlev out of favour. Minoan better comrade. Also better plane. MiG 15 super plane. Will kill F15 and hornet and make them their female dogs. Be sure.

1 Like

Yak-52 will be released on August 3 for open beta (August 15 for Steam), will have multicrew, and will be $39.99

4 Likes

I’m curious if any of you feel as I do about the Yak-52?

I’m “interested” in it but it’s not a MUST HAVE like the TomCat,StrikeEagle or Viper will be for me,I see it similar to The F-5E Tiger…Once The Hornet was released I Completely forgot about The Tiger.

I think the same thing will happen when The P-47 Thunderbolt is released,I’ll most likely completely forget about The Yak.

I used to actively purchase and fly 5 different flight simulations,I’ve cut that down to 2[DCS and IL*2] since I became totally immersed in The VR Movement,so that has helped my budget out a bit,but Since I have other hobbies I watch my purchases carefully.

I do not mean to cast a shadow on The Yak on The eve of it’s release,I Actually think the price is right on target for my budget and what I’d feel comfortable to spend on it.
Just wondering how much use it will get once the P-47 comes along?
Curious if any of you had the same experience with a Tiger/Hornet purchase and thinking the same with a Yak/Thunderbolt buy?

Honestly, the only reason I’m interested in the Yak-52 is because of the multicrew capability. It’s not exactly a must-have, but I’ve got the impression that DCS has been rough for those not actively involved in simming, especially the higher-fidelity modules; having the Yak-52 opens the door to helping out people who are interested but might get turned off at the complexity of other modules. Ideally, the Yak-52 would allow one person to buy and fly with people who don’t have the module, but I suspect that’s probably asking too much.

This is why I wish we had a carrier trainer like the T-45 (even a TA-4F would do it), because that’s a regime that a lot of people are going to be interested in and the bug – unless they plan to make a two seater – is going to be a rough start for all those interested. The Yak-52 at least opens the door without getting too complicated from the start.

1 Like

I think it’s great it exists, but I don’t know the type really at all, so therefore don’t really have any love or connection with it.

It makes sense that there’s a progression from the Yak to the L-39 to a Fighter, in a typical Eastern bloc pilot, so that’s probably why it exists.

The Tiger is such a great stepping stone to a Hornet, because it is good for teaching and learning the fundamentals of how to fight in the air using energy. There are not lots of ‘systems’ to distract away from that.

The TF-51 Mustang is probably good enough for what I want, which is a nice prop flight model and something to learn in. But because these are sims, there isn’t really a cost to learn on the go (unlike real life) which is why you might as well learn in something with guns anyway.

1 Like

I think it could be a nice little moped to tool around in. Now whether or not I buy it is entirely dependent upon how drunk I am during the next sale.

5 Likes

Because in the words of the late great Colonel Sanders, “I’m too drunk to taste this chicken.”

2 Likes

Ginger pills, my dudes.

1 Like