Deka JF-17 Thunder

Is the fancy glass cockpit giving it permission to skip ahead in line of aircraft you have to learn?

I’ll dabble in it…

So it is pretty slick - and it is an undeniably pretty bird. Ground handling is excellent…feels like a steerable nosewheel without having to press any buttons (I haven’t ready any of the manual…just loaded it up and went with it - I could not get it cold started from just trying buttons…so I lose the cold start challenge)…

Spritely in the clean configuration. Feel really nice…like not on rails but feels “honest” for whatever that is worth…

Just did a short little half Cuban-8 over the field, then took it around for a landing…

I love the PFD…looks great…

Couldn’t find an AOA gauge yet…I’m sure there is one somewhere…

8 Likes

Actually, this is wrong. It must be set to ON by default on start, but once airborne and coming back around to taxi in I see I have to hit the button on my stick to re-engage NWS…

3 Likes

On by default - what a concept!
It’s not like you have to taxi before you takeoff. :sweat_smile:

This would be nice in the A-10C, which is off on startup. I’ve wondered why I pull out of the gate in a turn the last few times since I have been flying the Hornet mainly where it is on by default (in low mode).

Little details!

1 Like

Well, it may not be though. It may be engaged during the full cold and dark procedure…so I wouldn’t take my word on that.

Can’t wait to try it out in VR…going to do that now… :+1: :vr:

Top left of the HUD!

1 Like

And there is an E bracket on the HUD during landing…so there’s that…

1 Like

:+1:

Have you tried it in VR? How’s the readability?

My TrackIR is not hooked up…so sorry for the static view…

3 Likes

Looks awesome in VR. With the Reverb I can read everything on the PFD without leaning in…

12 Likes

What is the name of the command? I searched Nose Wheel Nd Steering but no joy.
I’m hating my love for this plane. How will I find my way back to the Viper or the Harrier? When will I ever practice my Huey again?
DEKA has really hit a home run for this humble simmer. Thunder is agile, exotic and versatile. Cant wait to try the guided rockets. The interior is nice even if it’s not complete. The exterior looks Amazing. I fly exclusively in VR. I found myself just joyriding in it last night. I took off and had no problem landing it. It’s not a easy flight model though. Keep that parachute button handy. Couldn’t find the NWS button and so I looked around the pit a bit.
Great Job Deka Ironworks!!! Keep it up.

1 Like

I don’t know what the command is - but the nosewheel steering was already mapped to my Warthog…the right side index finger toggle (I think the F-16 uses the same one?)…

1 Like

Ahhhh only button I didnt try. Thanks! BTW the air brake is on the rocker switch not the air brake.

2 Likes

It’s the S5 switch.

2 Likes

Good to know…I actually mapped it to the air brake 3-position switch…so I wonder what I knocked off of the mapping…lol…

1 Like

Dont worry, probably the eject button lol.

THANKS CHUCK!

1 Like

Chucks intro to the JF-17 is a must have. I’m doing NO WORK TODAY. Thank you Chuck!!!

1 Like

Wait … Chuck released the Thunder manual?!

1 Like

Introduction guide

https://www.reddit.com/r/hoggit/comments/e4kvx5/dcs_jf17_introduction_guide/

2 Likes