Deka JF-17 Thunder

To get back on track (even though the CE is incredibly satisfying) let’s talk about these rockets. I just love how OP they are. I feel like I’m carrying 16 MAVs. You can just place the cursor where you want it while the missiles are flying. I fired 4 pairs about a second apart. Fist one killed the lead vehicle. I then walked the cursor on to my other victims No Lock, No Problem. Best weapon in game, well second. Best is the standoff cluster bomb missiles thingies.

The Anti radiation missiles don seem very effective. I keep missing the target . I then have to get all John Wayne w my rockets. I’m launching when the Osa is tracking me. He is red on my RWR. Am I launching too early? I’m well inside 20 nm range. Uhmmm

The LD-10 has a range of about 15-35nmi depending on launch altitude. Make sure you’re using the right mode; active, passive, and self-protect have vastly different utilities. Active requires you designate a location for the missile to search at (radar, HUD, TGP, or waypoint/steerpoint); Passive will automatically acquire the nearest source along the launch axis; and self-protect will steer toward the nearest threat locking/launching on you. It’s fairly sensitive to proper direction at launch, so try to get it as close as possible to see the target.

1 Like

Frazer,
Thank you. I was launching straight at the target from under 15nm. I was using self protection made but using TGP. Perhaps Active is more likely to get a hit.
More to follow

1 Like

The LD-10s are spun up when you launch, right? SP mode should be really easy and straightforward to use. If a threat is locked/launching at you, it should pretty much be line up and shoot.

Oh, its a hoot now. I am killing everything. Passive mode is not so passive. SP mode is like last resort. I try to kill them before they launch. Works on the ZSU-23-4 too. I may have been getting too close before too. It works best when you give the missile a little room to maneuver.

THANKS FRANZE!

2 Likes

They’re working on AAR :slight_smile:

4 Likes

ooh. Can’t wait to struggle mightily at sticking the thing in the thing.

I am ignorant of all things Jeff, but does it have the, ahem, equipment to do that?

1 Like

They were talking about a ground crew command to “mount the thing on the thing”.

2 Likes

Needs it. That 5,000lbs internal goes fast.

1 Like

There was a talk about the revisions or batches or blocks or something, that they want to try to make it higher block than 1. Block 2 is AAR capable.

4 Likes

Oh Noooo! I’ll have to learn A2A Refuel on this too?!? Nooo

4 Likes

I’ve been giving the Jeff some love lately. This bird is deep and broad. There is so much to learn. 3D waypoints, weapons with waypoints, moveable waypoints, theres even waypoints you can copy and paste. All this on a very new and modern airframe. Electronics are state of the art. Then there is the biggest most complete list of features in Options menu. Countermeasures are fully customizable.
I got the startup thing down. It’s got interesting features. Then there is the navigation it’s very Falcon like. I’m impressed.
I’ve had a go at the A2A weapons to include the LCOS gunsight. I then tried to get proficient w the A2G. Most impressive is my favorite weapon the BRM1 Lazer rocket. I then had a go at the anti-radiation LD-10s. Quite effective. Last night I was playing w the 701. It’s like a Maverick.
Your biggest limitation is fuel. This bird really makes you pay attention to that detail.
In short I’m having a ball. I fly as Iron hand and attacker. It’s fun jousting w the AI and avoiding missiles.

2 Likes

I agree. This module is one you could dive into and find a home in. Just a lovely aircraft with a lot of neat features.

1 Like

Jeff is free to play at the moment. The rest of the line up, as I had to look it up.

4 Likes

The F-16 was OK and the JF-17 was all right but really too much to learn in a two-day trial…and now I already own everything until next Tuesday!

1 Like

Kinda in the same boat, waiting on the Spitfire for the next one I don’t have. Neat idea though, and I like they coupled it with a good sale.

3 Likes

So I’ve been learning the Deka JF-17 Thunder the past week or so, get acquainted with it and really starting to dig deep in it’s systems. Built myself a long haul mission where I must travel long distances to the CAP area and back.

Been noticing something. The several times I’ve gotten back to the Air Base I’ve been really low on Oxygen according to the instrument which monitors it. Last night, while flying the mission again I took longer to get back to base and basically ran out of oxygen, at 36,000 feet. Flew like that for at least 7-10 minutes and landed back at base.

Now shouldn’t I have passed out or something from lack of oxygen? Is this a bug or am I missing something? Just wondered what you all thought.

Two screenshots taken one after the other just before flying another 7-10 minutes to base.

My altitude.

What the oxygen instrument is showing me. I’m out of oxygen correct? Shouldn’t I be passing out?