For owners of the RWdesign DHC-6 Twin Otter, the developer, Rob Wilson, has returned from a long illness and has been collaborating with nilsca, the guy tweaking some of the issues with version 2. The good news is that not only is the latest version incorporating those tweaks, but Wilson has also released a G1000 version of the Twotter. There is a 6 page thread dealing with this and the best way to get the latest version. To save you from having to wade through that, here is the TLDR:
- The Org Store version hasn’t been updated since v2.1. RW hasn’t elaborated why, so currently the only way to get the update (v2.1.1) is to use the STMA AutoUpdater.
- The best way to use the STMA AU in this case is to shutdown XP11, go to the DHC6-300 Twin Otter aircraft folder and run STMAClient.exe.
- So far the G1000 version only is available for the standard version of the a/c, not the float, ski, or Tundra versions. But it works pretty well, IMHO.
- Work is ongoing, so don’t be surprised to see the STMA AU continue to update. Mine received 2 x more this morning.
- Suggest that you generate new icons for all of the versions, since the liveries seemed to have changed.