DiRT Rally 2.0 League - Discussion

Yes, for the non generic colored skins, maybe only one or two per car, you can skin them. I haven’t tried it yet and on Race Department some have many more than others. Like the Audi S1 has only 3 x skin mods on RD, but the Fiesta R5 has 3 x pages full of them. Suggest using deLivery to manage.

1 Like

Great car class choices BTW :+1:

1 Like

Ok, once I get a little more coffee I’ll put together a 5 week Group B 4WD series. Why 5 weeks? That brings us a few days before 4th of July weekend, which i was planning on keeping as an open week.

now this is the one we need

2 Likes

Younger people in the audience now wonder what the heck “cassetten” are. :smiley:

3 Likes

The Worldwide Drought Tour is upon us! 5 weeks and not a single drop of rain to be found. Group B 4WD is the weapon. Only thing I ask is that you choose your car wisely and stick with the same throughout.

Rallys run Wed - Wed, Noon EDT - Noon EDT

I will be keeping score manually. Here is the list.

4 Likes

@chipwich to answer your question here, There is no rain on any stage, not even a wet track. Services are long, every other stage so starting before stage 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 with the short stage 12 stop. I’ve also tried to add additional stops if 2 long stages are smashed together.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Red car, RED CAR!

1 Like

Thanks Mudcat. No, I wasn’t saying that we should get the forecast for every stage, not that I am complaining, but maybe just the general forecast for the rally. Like “expect a few wet stages”, or “the forecast looks dry”, or “best bring snorkel and mask”. Trying to keep it real as possible. Just my $0.2. Thanks for planning and posting :+1:

I’m driving this one, although I’m sure that I won’t be the only one.

3 Likes

Oh, got it now :crazy_face: We can do that for the 2000 cc one I guess haha

1 Like

My internal monologue of reading through the list of locations went something like this:

Scotland: “Ooo, that will be scary in Group Bs.”
Argentina: “Ooo, that will be scary in Groub Bs.”
Australia: “Ooo, that will be scary in Group Bs.”

It was about this this point that I realized “Ooo, that will be scary in Group Bs” applies to any and all locations. :rofl:

Yup, I’m taking the Delta as well. The supercharger means the engine actually has a chance of responding to your throttle input in the same decade, so drivability is marginally better than the rest of them. Still not easy by any means, but not quite as likely to kill you!

I’ll definitely need some practice stages though. Most of the time when these cars came up for the daily challenges, I’d wrap the car around a tree and retire within the first half a mile… They accelerate incredibly quickly, but they do NOT want to slow down.

2 Likes

We’re going to have a rally of Martini liveried Lancia’s, aren’t we? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Guess I’ll have to take the MG, even if it is slower.

BTW, the first rally has started, since yesterday, GO! GO! GO!

Maybe. I thought that I was locked in on the Lancia, but in testing last night was getting similar times in the Audi. I think that the Lancia has less turbo lag with the supercharger and is easier to get the nose pointed. But the Audi is a little more forgiving and might be the safer choice. Since we are going to be locked into one car for the series, I want to drive all of them. Both look the business with custom skins.

Moved screenshots to that thread.

2 Likes

The thing is, “slower” in this case might be faster. If you actually have time to think and try and place the car or get it sliding in the right way, you could be significantly faster than the rest of us who put our foot down, scream “AAAAA!,” and wonder how we were instantly transported off the side of the cliff that looked to be a mile away a second ago.

3 Likes

it’s actually a bit worse in that regard. Faster acceleration, but lower top speed. It won’t be good probably in Scotland, should be good in Argentina.

One reason I wanted everyone to keep with the same car throughout, take the good with the bad. Little extra strategy.

I’d love to add a manufactures point tally too, but that will have to wait till we have more, consistent participation. Because each of us taking 1 different car wouldn’t exactly add anything atm :smiley:

2 Likes

I saw that everyone is a bit hesitant to get things rolling, so I bit the bullet and decided to put down some times and hope to pump everyone up a bit.

Summary

I may have done the opposite of that.

4 Likes

I still haven’t decided on a car…

1 Like

My condolences to your Metro…

Just about to take each contender for a spin on my Greek test stage. Still likely to stick with the Lancia, but just want to double check.

1 Like
© 2020 Mudspike.com | Articles Website | Forums Rules & FAQ