DiRT Rally 2.0 League - Discussion

Speaking of tires, how many sets were available this week Mudcat? Another great rally. Thanks for your effort setting these up.

2 Likes

3 (not something i can change), I should probably split out rally info announcements into an info thread, it gets buried fast and thanks, I’m just glad people signed up and are enjoying them.

2 Likes

Since it got buried 100 messages deep in a day and a half

2 Likes

Lol. It is insane fun, so probably. :slightly_smiling_face:

You’ve made me wonder about the FF on my wheel and whether it’s behaving properly. In GT legends and Project Cars you can feel oversteer starting and can catch it before it progresses to a spin.

I can’t seem to get the old Logitech S/W on download, so will try the new S/W and see if it supports the Momo.

2 Likes

The low quality videos are due to the streaming services lowering quality to avoid internet breakdown because of many more online users in these stay at home times.

Happy Simming

4 Likes

I just posted this about my DIY handbrake.

I have a couple of projects before I can get into this DR 2.0 league.

Like a photoscan of a Leopard 1A5-DK Gunner grip, building a kabinet for my 3D printer/Laser engraver/cutter and figuring out all of the electronics and safetyfeatures for it and other stuff.

Happy Rallying

3 Likes

Another no finish here. On Stage 7 I was playing catch-up and hit a rock with 170 km/h after a jump that went a bit wild …

After two very good stages at the start, I had to recover my vehicle with 40 seconds penalty in stage 3. Then in stage 5 engine was down on power after some contact with a tree. Before stage 7 the engine was fixed again and I tried to go as fast as possible to defend my fourth place. Ultimately this was too fast for my skill level and hence the terminal damage upon contact with one of those boulders.

Was fun as long as it lasted!

3 Likes

Unlucky @TeTeT. You were running really fast when I last looked at the times.

2 Likes

@TeTeT bad luck man! You were quick!

@Mudcat When I went to change tyres the first time, it said I had 7/7 left.

So Stage 6 and that long straight into a hairpin really messed me up! I owe someone a fence lol

2 Likes

I’ve managed to find the old profiler software in the Logitech site and now set my wheel up again and it feels much better now.

I’ll post up another video and see how it compares.

2 Likes

@TeTeT that’s a pity. I seriously couldn’t believe your times during the first few stages (especially stage 2. More than six seconds faster than @chipwich and Elby ), great driving. You might want to slow down a tiny bit so you can finish, you are way faster than most of us anyway. :smiley:

2 Likes

In other rally news:
Yesterday I was bored so I took an Opel Manta (Group B RWD, which means 400hp that I cannot properly control) and went to a stage of Monte Carlo (yeah I am masochistic apparently).
As I had expected it turned out to be a colossal s***show. I finished the stage but barely.

After that, just for laughs I hopped into my Seat Ibiza kit car and finished the stage way faster.

Btw that’s a feature I miss in Dirt Rally: comparisons between classes. I am sure that I can beat a LOT of my times I made (badly) driving really fast cars by just taking a slower car that I can actually drive. :smiley:

4 Likes

Drove the first three stages this morning. Packed a picnic and stopped at some hairpins for mimosas and to take some photos. Gorgeous scenery. Quite noisy though with all those brrt brrt cars running about.

5 Likes

Don’t get too close to those spectators, this league is called Quarantine League for a reason!

Oh my darling, oh my darling,
Oh my darling Quarantine…

6 Likes

Thanks Gunny, but I don’t remember using it on that stage. Probably just getting sideways in the snow. Love driving in snow. No body panels were harmed in the making of that video :smiley:

Here comes @weaponz248 charging to the front. Keep the spurs in it lad.

2 Likes

Really? Darn it if that is the case though.

1 Like

Same here.
I changed tires five times out of seven possible.

2 Likes

So it’s one per service area (technically before the 1st stage is a service area I have to add in)

That works nice for flats, but that means you can basically go balls to the wall and not worry about trying to save some tread on the tires. Also changes choice on compounds quite a bit too.

I guess I didn’t look that closely at it while I was racing. The way I have that staggered you’d almost be stupid not to take soft compound tires on some stages, that wasn’t the intent.

1 Like

I hope there is a way to limit them, 3 is good but 7 is excessive like you said.

1 Like

Is anyone else having trouble connecting to the racenet clubs?

I managed a couple of stages earlier but now I can’t get onto the results page or do the next stage?

1 Like