DOSBox Nostalgia Thread

:slight_smile: loving those.

As I wrote, the first three were almost easy to find, the others not so much! :smiley:

1 Like

Imagine the furor if DCS had such an amount of silly bits. Only thing I know of is the pink pig in the assets. And perhaps the mi-8 crew :wink:

2 Likes

Star trek shuttle in hanger in nevada

4 Likes

vfx archives GIF

3 Likes

That was good april fools day (2020), were there any Easter Eggs in DCS this year on April 1st?

1 Like

MicroProse to publish Tiny Combat Arena.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a nice surprise. If it would support VR it would not have high requirements at least with those graphics, it already supports Track IR which is nice.

2 Likes

Recently I have bought A500 Mini console.

One of the included games is F-16 Combat Pilot from Digital Integration. I have to admit I never played the Amiga version back in the day. I’ve tried it and was really impressed. You will have to plug the USB keyboard to the A500 Mini if you want to be serious about it, not all the functions were possible to map on that gamepad and virtual keyboard will not let you use some of the functions that need both keys to be pressed at the same time. Also there is no manual included, but you can find one on the web if you search for it.

You can clearly see some of that DNA used later in their awesome Tornado.

Anyway, here’s some gameplay:

When you complete all 5 mission types you will be able to take part in some kind of dynamic campaign where you need to plan each sortie for yoursekf and up to 4 (or 3?) friendly AI. Seems pretty ambitious for a game released in 1989.

3 Likes

I loved F-16 Combat Pilot on my A500!
Incredibly advanced, compared to other sims for the Amiga.
I’ve been looking at those mini Amigas… Will they make a full size one, later?
Is it the same producer that made ”the C64”?

3 Likes

I hope they do. If the mini model sells well they will probably make full sized one with working keyboard like they did with C64.

2 Likes

F16CP was the first flight sim I played. It was on friends C64 iirc. Actually I was more his copilot as I didn’t know how to play it correctly.

2 Likes

Imagine the public outcry if ED made a mistake like this… :wink:

7 Likes

it wasnt fixed yet !? :smile:

2 Likes

ED public are used with bugs. DCS is the eternal beta, so… I think the outcry is if they release a full featured and finished dlc wthout bugs.

2 Likes

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

1 Like

The patch floppy got lost in the mail…

1 Like

Another flight sim from Digital Integration - F/A-18E Super Hornet. The first flight sim that had working deck crew on the carrier, over 20 years before DCS Supercarrier module.

6 Likes

I’ve been playing F-14 Fleet Defender since 1995, but found about this secret just recently.

3 Likes

Very nice!
Love this game- this is not the Steam version, right?

1 Like

It’s my retail 2.0 version which is the same as the Steam version.

1 Like