DOSBox Nostalgia Thread

F-14 Fleet Defender is on sale now.

2 Likes

Uhm… Nice!
But usually for these old games I prefer the flexibility of GOG.COM releases.

1 Like

Sadly F-14 Fleet Defender is not available on GOG.com.

1 Like

This is true retrogaming!

4 Likes

Oh my, I may need that. Then again having a house cluttered with laptops and old towers with Dos, Win 3.1, Win XP, and Win7 with various service packs does eliminate the need for additional heating in the winter.

2 Likes

After over 2 years I finally completed all the campaigns in the old Fighters Series from EA:

USNF - Ukraine

MF - Kuril Islands

USNF’97/FA - Vietnam

ATF - Egypt and Russia

NATO Fighters - Baltics

I have to say I was having really good time with those old flight sim games. So much playabilty. Where’s Brent Iverson and Paul Grace with a Kickstarter for remaking those classics?

5 Likes

I will always thank Brent Iverson for Chuck Yeager’s Air Combat.

2 Likes

… and LHX Attack Chopper :helicopter:

3 Likes

YESSS!

1 Like

LHX…that is a name I haven’t heard in a long time. :grin:

3 Likes

Wow LHX! many memories of that!

Anyone remember Su-25? It was made using the LHX engine, looked just like it.

1 Like

No don’t remember that at all dude. What platform was it on? I had a copy of LHX that O swapped with a friend from school for space harrier 2. Best decision ever lol

2 Likes

I liked that- a bit more clunky than Chuck Yeager’s Air Combat but still interesting!

Some trivia regarding Sturmovik Su-25: Soviet Attack Fighter contributed by Paul Grace himself on
MobyGames:

This game was an internal challenge at Electronic Arts. Could they do a fun game in 14 weeks (to show at CES)? Rick Tiberi, Scott Cronce, Connie Braat, Cynthia Hamilton and Paul Grace built the game in a headlong race to the finish line. They got it done, and in spite of tepid sales (not enough time to market it), it made a good profit.

Contributed by Paul Grace (9) on May 10, 2007.

1 Like

Also my favourite title.:sunglasses: Just found out that the “F19” design is based on a model kit by Italeri, in turn based on nothing but rumours about the F117/A, pretty cool:

2 Likes

The plane also figures prominently in Tom Clancy’s Red Storm Rising (back when Clancy still rocked)

1 Like

It is a pretty cool design. I even think my brother had that kit back in the day.

The F-19 was a lot better than the F-117 except they made it less stealthy…which ironically made it more entertaining to fly. Just looking at it now it violates many of the stealth no-no’s as well as having too many curves for the day.

The F-19 had AAMs, a gun, afterburners, and I think it even had countermeasures?

The description of what it could do in RSR actually reads a lot like the F-22.