ED is asking us for our views on what should be prioritized for the Viper

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4432265&postcount=1

Similar to what they did for the Hornet some time ago, we’re being asked what features we’d like to see on the Viper soon rather than later. Please do vote!

4 Likes

I have voted! Where’s my sticker?

2 Likes

I prioritized HARM, HTS, and jammer pods myself. Access to a lot of the other stuff is nice, but getting the F-16CJ into its primary mission of SEAD takes precedence in my book. I also placed a high emphasis on flight model and ground handling.

5 Likes

I put Mavericks at the top of the list; HARM was near the top.

I also gave the La/Lon MGRS thing a high priority since all the JTAC 9-line tasking is in MGRS.

1 Like

Mavs, harm, the ECM pods and tpod functions are my nr1 and 2s.

1 Like

Doesn’t the newsletter say they are working on HAS and mavs right now? Wonder why that would be a roadmap choice if it’s already at the top?

Cursorrrrr Zero please, the one and only major shortcoming. ah wait it’s not on the list😁 hsd cursor then, and ag radar.

Edit: scratch that, cz is already a priority reading the viper update post, excellent

1 Like

I want jammers for the 16 and the 18 already!! Reuse the code from the A-10C or even the F-15C at this point, ANYTHING is better than running out of chaff halfway through the flight and having nothing left but turns!

2 Likes

AGM-65D/G are coming, the poll option seems to be for the additional Maverick types like the E2/L laser version and the TV guided versions.

Backdate the thing to an A model :wink:

5 Likes

I don’t know about you guys, but what I really want is for my F-16 to be able to hit more parked trucks in the open. Maybe marked with a smoke indicator, maybe not, depends on how frisky I’m feeling.

1 Like

HARMS and everything associated with their deployment. Wild Weasel missions are the best!

And if any of you placed a high priority on “tail hook animation”, we’ll need to talk!-)

3 Likes

They don’t have airfield arresting gear in DCS do they…I know you can easily kill your wheel brakes and drag chute in a MiG-21 by forgetting to put the gear handle in neutral…and I think I’ve also lost brakes due to battle damage in a MiG-19 once…but still had the chute…but those MiGs don’t have a tail hook anyway, so a moot point…had the Thrust Reverser shot out on a Viggen once but I just diverted to a longer runway and landed safely…no tail hook required…most of the time when I take hits in the Viper I just explode and die…so…yeah, why would I need a tail hook?

2 Likes

When you need to land on a carrier but are too cheap to buy the F-14 or F/A-18.

4 Likes

I prioritized the travel bags since it’s my vacation :wink:

5 Likes

Good luck with that keeping that landing gear in one piece though …

3 Likes

Yeah…I probably should have put ground handling a bit higher. Seems that I’m using the AIM-120s on my wingtips as “training wheels” to keep me from completely tipping over :grimacing:…don’t think that’s what the missile designers originally had in mind…just say’n.

So the Harrier has training wheels…maybe you should fly that instead Will :wink: .

I should add that he U2 has training wheels as well…

1 Like

Was easier to id the 2/3 things I didn’t care about.

And I wonder how high A2G RADAR rates now that the Hornet has exposed it?

Once it becomes actually useful on the hornet, it will rate higher. Things like SEA mode and EX1 and 2, curing the teapot, etc.

Anyway, I just want toys. Mavs, harms, the HTS, the GBU-24. And the rest of it will come eventually. They are way too much of a stickler for detail to let things like the blow in doors, ground handling etc slide.

1 Like