Eject! Eject! Eject!

I still remember when Kai was just toddling around…he would sometimes find the reset button on my PC…

2 Likes

My two youngest have developed the habit of switching off the power to my router, usually just as I’m doing something time-critical on Elite Dangerous :scream:

3 Likes

I live in constant fear off the sound of small feet pattering closer and then…

6 Likes

The cat whose photos I posted on Mudspike Pets once knocked an entire glass of ice water into my PC and fried the mother board…the glass was placed so that an ordinary spill shouldn’t have been an issue…but we a cat jumps, things tend to fly.:scream_cat:

This cat spent some time in the dog house…as it were.

3 Likes

That snow better melt soon Troll, or you will run out of money lol

1 Like

very interesting… where did you find this yellow-black braided sleeve?
I wanted to use a rubber gas hose and paint it with yellow stripes…

First, I took the liberty of moving your post to this thread, to keep the VPC review thread focused on that :slight_smile:

It’s a braided wire sleeve from TechFlex.
Flexo Pet 0.50ss (0.5” Safety Stripe).

If I’d do it again, I’d use a slightly smaller diameter.

5 Likes

Hi Troll,

Are you selling these new versions of your ejection seat handles? I would be interested in purchasing one for my pit.

Cheers,

Trout

2 Likes

Hi @Trout1963 and welcome to Mudspike! :mudspike:
Thanks for your interest!
Unfortunately I don’t have time for production as I am focusing on my Viggen stick at the moment. I will let you know if that changes.

2 Likes

…which reminds me…when you get back in production’I’ll need another one…everything else is ready.

10 Likes

Hopefully necromancy isn’t too frowned upon, but this thread made me finally join up. I want to make an ejection seat handle and safety (aiming to do a NACES style safety lever connected to my right button box) and curious on the parts and material, since I didn’t see a BOM anywhere.

Looking at something like this for the sleeve?

You said you used first 16mm and then 14mm tubing?

Hi @Uxi and welcome to Mudspike! :mudspike:

That’s the braided sleeve that I used. I got the 1/2" diameter.
Yes, I first did a 16mm silicon tube, but I found that it was too stiff. So I went with a slightly smaller 14mm tube.

1 Like

FYI, my ejection panel was painted over. Our Realtor did not see it as a “value added” feature. The house was snapped up in about a week so, I guess he was right. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Quick escape route from wife wasn’t a feature? That makes no sense.

3 Likes

ah, @Troll got my ribbon and silicon in. Maybe basic, but what was best method to stop the fraying? I have an epoxy and or maybe thinking to use my torch… Looks nice enough though. Not sure which way I’ll go on the connection. I was leaning on trying to crimp to a 6AWG ring terminal and a momentary heavy duty momentary, but even 14mm probably too big for that.

Depends on how you will attach the braided silicon tube. I used AN fittings like these:

So I pulled the braiding slightly long and melted the ends with a lighter.
On the earlier build I used heat shrink tube on the ends.

3 Likes

Do they have local “community access” TV Chanels here in Norway? If so, you should think about doing a program on all the different things you do building flight sim stuff. Call it “Flysimulatorbygg” or something like that. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s called Youtube… :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve been fighting with my 3D printer (heat bed not heating… replaced that but still not heating so probably replacing the Melzi board next). Haven’t really had time to work on it but did this weekend. I think I ordered the wrong size hose (16mm OD) to go with the -10AN fittings and was wondering what was wrong, but I believe I need 16mm or 5/8 inch ID hose which is much bigger. I didn’t think the 16mm OD was all that stiff.

When you went to 14mm hose (ID?) were you able to use the same fittings or did you get new ones to match?

I’m not at home so I can’t check, but I think I used AN6 fittings…