VPC MT-50CM2 & WarBRD Mudspike Review

Hi @Cheetah and a warm welcome to Mudspike! :mudspike:

Here’s a link to my SimBox build, where you can see how I solved the mounting of my old VPC MT-50.
SimBox NG - #123 by Troll

If you scroll down you will find more pics.

I have recently made a new solution. I will post some pics of that later.

1 Like

First of all, thank you!
Second, that’s a great piece of rig you made for yourself there. I like your older black seat :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
About the base adapter… I’m looking for something which doesn’t involve CNC, because it will be too expensive where I live.
On my older job I had more freedom to do things like you’re doing and also had the option to use profile accessories when I needed to. now this is not the case, so I’m designing with my wallet instead with my creativity :smile:

1 Like

There were no CNC involved in making the SimBox, or the adapter. :slight_smile:
Here’s my new and improved adapter.

1 Like

is it strong enough for this kind of stick?
and did you do a special mechanism for the ejection handle?

Absolutely.

I did. Here’s the build thread.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Eject! Eject! Eject!

Welcome to MUDSPIKE Cheetah. I think that there are two options now. MonsterTech bracket to mount the T50CM2, and Virpil has one as well.

This was a great review @Troll I really enjoyed reading your views on a product I’ve been using over for a good long while but dont have the funds to purchase.

Fingers crossed for the competition I suppose :sunglasses:

1 Like

thanks @chipwich, but because I have an aluminium custom rig, the retail mounts won’t do me any good. I’ll have to design something and manufacture it myself in order to mount it to my rig.

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful rig you got there cheers! Love your choice of peripherals

2 Likes

The mark of a true flightsimmer! :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve added a shortish 50mm extension to my VPC/TM stick with outstanding results. It’s allowed me to removed the pitch and roll curves that I usually use in my controller setups, without loosing precision near the center point. The stick is so comfortable and the base so solid yet smooth, that I am doubtful I could have a better stick setup. Nearing stick nirvana at this point. Using the light springs and default cams.

6 Likes

Hi Troll

Currently I’m using one T-50 base from the last batch that Virpil made last year. I wonder after your review if it worth to put the old one on sale to get the new one. Is really worth the upgrade with all the improvements on the current model? Thanks and thanks for the review :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi, @GriffonBR and welcome to Mudspike :mudspike:

The short answer to your question is, no, not really…
But let me expand on that as I’m touching on the subject in the review.

I was quite happy with my original MT-50 base unit and I wasn’t looking for something to replace it with.
When I got the MT-50CM2 I found that it was pretty much just an improvement over the original MT-50. I guess you can call the AUX port an evolutionary step, as that will allow you to use the upcoming control panels. But if that’s not in your future, the MT-50CM2 won’t give you anything that you don’t already have.

I am quite interested in the future control panels, and since I had the review unit in my hand, I didn’t want to part with it, so I bought it.

I hope that answers your question. Just let me know if you want to know more.

3 Likes

Awesome Troll, you nailed it with your reply, thanks one more time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do you think one could connect a DIY-Pannel on that port?

I don’t know, actually…
I don’t think it’s as simple as a shift register extension as VPC are planning on digital angular sensors in the control panels.
I would love to see VPC sell DIY control panel sets where you could design your own…

3 Likes

Hey guys, necroing the thread to ask a question I swore I asked before, but couldn’t remember where, or the answer. I’m currently using a WarBrd with 6" ext and a TM Hornet grip. It’s very precise, but it suffers from feeling very undamped. Said another way, it feels very “boingy boingy boingy” when making adjustments. I’m wondering, does the MT-50CM2 have more of a dampened feel to it?

Nope.

The MT-50CM2 doesn’t have damping, but can be set with a much harder centering force, making it better suited for extensions, IMO.

1 Like