Eject! Eject! Eject!

Troll’s Wife “Darling, I said dinner is ready!”
Troll “Ah, INCOMING!”
Troll’s Wife “wait, no… take the stair…”

Troll crashing into the living room from above sitting in a makeshift MartinBaker, still holding an ejection handle and a wide smile.
Pieces of plaster fall randomly.

Troll’s wife “You seriously have to stop visiting that forum…”.

9 Likes

INVERTED

3 Likes

You should see the looks I get, sometimes… :wink:

3 Likes

If it’s anything I get from mine- I know already…

3 Likes

Ok… New seat, new ejection handle.

This time around with a softer silicon hose, instead of that steel reinforced and braided one.
With the softer hose I can make the handle shorter, and still maintain flexibility.

I will also use a rail so that the handle module has a more positive connection to the base.
I have accidentally ejected as my thighs moved the handle, when working the rudderpedals.

I’m using AN swivel end fittings to connect the hose handle.

I will use a regular home alarm window magnetic switch and magnets, to make the handle module stick to the base and activate the switch when the handle is removed…

No, the ’Danger - Ejection Seat’ keyring won’t be used. Just for attention :wink:

6 Likes

Some parts, for the new ejection handle.

The reed switch (window alarm mag switch) inside the extruded alu case that I will be using, and the steel lid I made for the magnets in the handle module to adhere to. Had to make a hole in the lid, for the mag flux to reach the reed switch :slight_smile: Filled the hole with epoxy.
The black lid with glued on magnets will cover the bottom of the handle module, and is the counterpart to the steel lid.

The top of the ejection handle module will have a steel lid, because the black alu lid is too thin to withstand the forces of pulling the ejection handle…
Here it just got a fresh coat of paint.

Starting to make sense…?

5 Likes

Don’t throw it at your monitor if you are in VR…looks weighty!

2 Likes

It would make a serious dent in any LCD screen, for sure!
I usually push the monitor away, when I’m in my goggles, so it won’t cover the sensors.

And, besides, it’s PULL to eject, not PUSH… :wink:

I wouldn’t know…

2 Likes

Old vs. New.

7 Likes

The old ejection handle gets a new life in @BeachAV8Rs sim pit. Purely as a prop. Heroes like him don’t need to eject. But it looks cool, and even heroes like that.

Even so, I thought I’d put a teensy2 controller in it, and add a safe/unsafe switch. I mean, he may want to show it to someone, occasionally…

The handle was linked to my ConTrollR Throttle, as an external switch.
Now it will become a USB controller of it’s own.
It will be recognized as a 3 button game controller. One pulsing button #1 as the handle is pulled, and buttons #2 & #3 depending on the switch position.

Now… What should I call it. What should the device name be…?

4 Likes

I’m going to have my mechanic glue it together. I’m too busy doing other stuff to be grabbing that “Surrender Handle”…

porky1

4 Likes

Well I think that it has to be “Surrender Handle” now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

«PullToSurrender»? :rofl:

1 Like
7 Likes

Device Name?

1. EjectEjectEject
    1. SurrenderHandle
    1. PullToSurrender
    1. EjectionHandle
    1. PullToEject

0 voters

That’s awesome. I can’t wait to do it in VTOL VR because of how it looks in that sim…

1 Like

PullitHarder

3 Likes

The curse of a DIYer… You always think you can improve on what you build, so you are doomed to eternal tinkering. Actually, I like that part! :wink:

I bet you can spot the change…
No?
Isn’t it obvious that the handle tube is 2mm thinner in diameter, and the loop is about 10mm lower? :roll_eyes:

The previous silicon tube I used was 16mm and while softer than the steel reinforced tube, I wanted it even softer.
So, this is a 14mm silicon tube.
I made the loop just a little bit shorter, to close the loop diameter slightly.

Juuust perfect! :ok_hand:t3:

7 Likes