Eject! Eject! Eject!

Got the new braided sleeves today…
The new one is on a smaller diameter hose, than the old one. Will have to get some more of the wider one.

But yeah, there will be a remake…! :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Better?

7 Likes

In situ…

9 Likes

All you need now is to install a car airbag under the seat, rigged to the ejection handle !

2 Likes

You sure you should give guys like me, advice like that…?

2 Likes

Probably not

3 Likes

Hmmm. There’s gotta be a way to direct the expansion a bit better… Also something like this would force you to actually prepare to eject before doing so. Much more realistic than just pulling the handle whenever…

1 Like

Yeah! Way ahead of you… I’m thinking a seat ontop of a round compression chamber.
I may need to make a face curtain handle as well.

2 Likes

What about rails to direct the seat after deployment? I mean, that’s pretty common for ejection seats now.

Don’t think I’ll need rails since my SimBox isn’t moving. The compression chamber will work as a shape charge, directing the expansion upwards.

But I could add them, for autencity.

1 Like

I was kidding, but now i want to see it built !

2 Likes

Martin Baker has a “Tie Club” - the membership is exclusively aviators whose lives were saved by a Martin Baker ejection seat. They are presented with neckties bearing the ejection.handle design …very cool.

3 Likes

Me too! :wink:

Do you have a basement? F104 early seats were ejected downwards :wink:

2 Likes

Solid rock beneath the house, unfortunately.
But I have the sim on the 2nd floor… :wink:

Troll’s Wife “Darling, I said dinner is ready!”
Troll “Ah, INCOMING!”
Troll’s Wife “wait, no… take the stair…”

Troll crashing into the living room from above sitting in a makeshift MartinBaker, still holding an ejection handle and a wide smile.
Pieces of plaster fall randomly.

Troll’s wife “You seriously have to stop visiting that forum…”.

9 Likes

INVERTED

3 Likes

You should see the looks I get, sometimes… :wink:

3 Likes

If it’s anything I get from mine- I know already…

3 Likes

Ok… New seat, new ejection handle.

This time around with a softer silicon hose, instead of that steel reinforced and braided one.
With the softer hose I can make the handle shorter, and still maintain flexibility.

I will also use a rail so that the handle module has a more positive connection to the base.
I have accidentally ejected as my thighs moved the handle, when working the rudderpedals.

I’m using AN swivel end fittings to connect the hose handle.

I will use a regular home alarm window magnetic switch and magnets, to make the handle module stick to the base and activate the switch when the handle is removed…

No, the ’Danger - Ejection Seat’ keyring won’t be used. Just for attention :wink:

6 Likes