Elite: Dangerous Screenshots

Its an amazingly extensive sandbox

Is this really the only dedicated screenshot thread we have for Elite? Surprising for such a beautiful game.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Getting ready for multiplayer

2 Likes

While slightly off course the other day I ran across a ai Python just chilling on a planet, near an out post with no landing pads.

Trusty ol Type 6 parked for the night with a spectacular view behind it.

5 Likes

When I first saw a Diamond Back when I was starting out, I decided I really wanted one. So recently despite the fact I kinda don’t need it I picked one up. Took it on its first mission tonight.

Visiting ice geysers

High above an Ammonia planet

I have to admit I feel like my Cobra could do pretty much anything the Dback could but its still a nice ship… plus it doesn’t look like everything else in the game.

2 Likes

Diamondbacks make excellent pvp stealth ships.

1 Like

Arriving at Sutekh to take part in my first community goal.

It’s my kind of CG: bounty hunting.

I hear there’s good pay for a gun and a man willing to use it.

2 Likes

Man if I have time I should bring my vulture out

1 Like

Do it… When I got there you just had to get within the top 100%, as in sign up and cash in a bounty, to get at least a 600k reward.

Do check the progress before you head out though, it’s getting pretty high in the tiers.

2 Likes

I’ll have to see if I got time tomorrow, might head out.

1 Like

Sure enough, it finished up overnight. I found a RES with large spawns today (took home 1.2mil), wish I had gotten one yesterday so I could try and break into at least the top 75% but I’ll take my 800k plus bounties.

Few shots from today:

2 Likes

Finally bought a Diamondback Explorer today. Loving it so far, though if you’re going to buy one definitely upgrade the thrusters to give you a higher max allowable mass for your ship.

Sipping fuel.

Thought I’d check out a nearby nebula, unfortunately there wasn’t anything in this (fairly small) nebula except for one star and a pretty view.

5 Likes

They look so Boba Feet :slight_smile:

I too recently bought a Dback. I haven’t had the chance to play or fly it much so I took it out for a cruise tonight.

While doing some bounty hunting I may have accidentally tagged someone (not wanted) with my pulse lasers. So I figured I’ve never taken the Vulture to a planet surface before, why not while waiting for the wanted to go away.

2 Likes

Waiting for the next mission…

2 Likes

Can’t wait for the new camera option in 2.3, never get tired of stuff like this!

Holy crap someone needs to wash these windows…

The old Vulture has seen some better days

1 Like

Recently started playing Elite on Xbox one. I have been pleasantly surprised by it too. Enjoy some random screenshots of my Sidewinder, Cobra MKIII and Viper MKIV

2 Likes