Elite: Dangerous Screenshots

Best thing I found to strap on was the guardian fsd booster… You can get some decent range from it as well

2 Likes

Some comparison screenshots…
Old System Map

New System Map

In this case I really like how well compacted the icons are.
More readable with still a lot of information but this time hidden behind specific icons allowing a clearer view.

This will be a comparison of the same planet seen in the two versions of the game.
Approaching shots of the old Ice Planet.

The same Planet with the new engine. From this altitude there’s little difference.
Couldn’t land on it yet…

Approaching another planet on the same system. Old planetary tech:

New Planetary tech:

While the old tech looks more colourful, when “boots on the ground” the best detail gets more obvious.
Tried to take pics from the same height over the surface.

Old tech:

New Tech:

1 Like

Old tech was not bad at all:

But I feel the new tech is much better!
Note: this is still the same planet.

This shot is actually from the same coordinates as the last of the old tech.
But the base is not visible,

EXTRA SHOTS

My ship autolanding:

What’s super cool are the reflections on the side of the helmets!
Real time reflections of the actual surroundings. (look at the extreme left & right edges)

The base that I was scouting in the old tech above seen with the new tech.

Sorry for my poor photography skills :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Icy planet

Scorching planet

3 Likes

Getting back into ED after not playing for a while, though I haven’t done too much with the new Horizons content other than getting out of the ship to claim “First Footfall” on a few planets.

Instead I finally got my Explorer FSD upgraded with both the Guardian FSD Booster and grade five engineering on range to get it up to a 65ly jump range, which definitely makes moving long distances more pleasant.

I found the North America Nebula on the galaxy map, about 2,000ly from Shinrarta Dezhra, and decided to head out that way.

Along the way, this interesting grouping of stars caught my eye.

I’m certainly getting closer.

Some great sights along the way. Did my first atmospheric landing and got “First Footfall.” Interestingly enough there were a couple buildings on the planet along with a distress beacon. Unfortunately for them, I didn’t stop to help as I’m too far from the bubble to risk it.

Getting closer and closer. I think I’ve identified the nebula it is.

One thing I love ED is that if you can see it, you can (generally) fly to it. Although, it’d be great to be able to select stars from the skybox as opposed to having to select planets along a general line of bearing and search for it.

3 Likes