Elite Dangerous Thread

sounds about right

I’m sure I’m misunderstanding this but… I have trouble finding missions as it is… does this mean even less missions on the board?

Basically they were sending all the missions to your client and then letting the update process filter yours. Now it just sends your client yours. Or sends none, as the case may be LOL

Culled from the forums -

2 Likes

I think with all the mode swapping that goes on for better missions or stacking then this is a good change.

New patch seems good on a quick fly. The VR visuals are even better, as they’ve stopped the color banding. There seems lots of missions available too. I’m thinking of doing some Engineer buff stuff now, as not many active CG’s going on.

I am excited that my Keelback will have double the hull strength. I am worried that it is going to need it…

1 Like

Hey Tanker, we need to meet up with @near_blind d tonight and run 3 Keelbacks with fighter support.

1 Like

I will start my trip to Branglal soon. I don’t have a fighter yet but I will work on it tonight.

1 Like

Took some time last night to do some exploring and marvel at the scale of the game… it really blows me away.

5 Likes

Amazing thread with amazing pictures on the Frontier’s Forums…
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/317507-Post-your-Proud-Paint-Jobs-and-Decals-too-!/page12

2 Likes

New custom ship kits for Viper Mk.III, Python and Anaconda!

1 Like

My Keelback is a favorite ship. I re-outfit it for anything from mining, cargo, passengers, to exploration. One of my favorite ships, I should probably have a fleet of them, lol! I fitted mine with Military Grade Armor, and it’s got like 1,000 points of armor strength, plus the 4A shield.

Anybody working on the “Ancient Ruins” mission shooting for the $100 million credit prize? Finding the mission itself was a bit of a puzzle, but now I’m on my way. Should be a fun change of pace for me.

4 Likes

I’m curious about it, especially the $100 million bit :slight_smile:

Is it a mission where just one person solves it or is it something like a rares mission that requires lots of distance? I’m currently trying to grade 5 engineer the FSD on my ASPx, so am actually thinking of heading out the bubble for the first time (vanity project to at least put my name on a moon). This alien stuff might mean it’s a bad time to leave as I’ll probably run into an unlocked Thargoid system without a single pulse laser to my name… :neutral_face:

Do you use the fighter much? We tried it the other night, it was glorious! :slight_smile:

OK, so I just arrived in HIP 20277 for some more bounty hunting with @CMDR_Fungerus.
In my new Diamondback Explorer. Once I have some decent money, I will outfit it for exploring, try my hand at fuel scooping and look for some high reward passenger missions.

I heard something about Sothis being the Mudspike home system? Is that a nice place to go on my first exploration trip?

2 Likes

We tend to congregate in our claimed system of Branglal, at Skripochka Gateway (the ‘Red Light District’) as the Mudspike sort of home base. It’s near to most things and has good missions and modules in stock.

I’ll update the players list thread to say this, as it’s not really very clear. As the ‘Wings’ feature only supports 4 people we just tend to use that list to add friends and then say hello in Open. It’s not very formal :slight_smile: :mudspike:

1 Like

Ahh my home away from home, in Empire space.

1 Like

It seems like each CMDR can profit independently. Currently, it looks like there’s a bug being looked at, so my (and I presume everyone else) progress is halted. Distances involved are modest IMO, about 300LY outside the main bubble area, no stations or other human sites out there.

But something I’ll keep up with as I can.

3 Likes

The smuggling CG is still going, real close to hitting tier 7, 500t will get you in to the top 50% as of last night, some quick money if you got something that can haul a lil bit.

2 Likes

Found me a couple of stars. I have not ran into a system with the stars that close.

5 Likes

Well…when you get that close a sun…I say…

1 Like