Elite Dangerous Thread

It’s shocking they don’t have Tax Returns in Elite yet to balance this wanton and frankly uncouth amount of cash being made. Picture the scene:

"As Cmdr McBlaster pushed his trusty Corba’s throttle fully forward, he cackled as the pirates disappeared off his scope. ‘Not today scum!’ he shouted to the cold hard vacuum of space.

Wounded but not defeated, he skillfully compensated for his damaged thrusters as he slid into the widening slot of the Coriolis station he called home. Out of the corner of his eye, a orange blinking light caught his attention. He instantly flipped his comms switch, watching the message hover in-front of his face:

DEAR SIR - RE: YOUR 180,000 CR. PLEASE COMPLETE SCHEDULE C (FORM 1040) AS PER TAX STATUES. YOU MAY DEDUCT EXCEPTIONS AS SUBJECT FROM GROSS PROFIT EXPENDITURES AS LISTED IN APP. III PART C. STATUARY ALLOWANCES MUST SUBTRACT FROM LINE 2, EXEMPTIONS BEING EMPLOYEE BENEFITS. COMPLETION AFTER 3304-09-22 ARE SUBJECT TO LOCAL SYSTEM FINES.

McBlaster flexed his trigger finger and read through the message again. ‘After tax, that’ll be 120 credits for today’s haul’. He slumped back into his seat and sighed."

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think the new crime and punishment is targeted at them a little, in that even with billions and billions it can add up when you lose an A-rated Imperial Cutter. I know they can rebuy, but I think it will at least help in trolling new users, i.e. you can mod a Cutter up to about 1.7 billion for a single ship worth - is it worth firing on a noob and losing that? Even the most trollish have pause for thought now on losing their toys.

What I think we’ll see is that they’ll move to a new currency, so things like ‘rank lock’ and ‘materials’ become the second major currency (harder to game those, although not impossible) and with engineering mods as sort of the ‘3rd currency’ then in the future add a new ‘non inflated 3rd 4th currency’ that goes from zero again, i.e. ‘A Thargoid Tech Artifact that you need to buy this amazing new 4.0 thing’ or something.

The board hopping is pretty odd, it does seem to be almost like they want to remove it but know that so many people use it. A bit of hole has been dug I think.

1 Like

I refuse to cheat and board hopping (if we’re talking refreshing) is something I can consider cheating.

Handicaps me but w/e

@Rhinosaurus As long as you are enjoying the game the way you like. That’s the main point!!

1 Like

Well for sure. I don’t begrudge others doing as they wish as long it isn’t obviously wrong (like the major exploits that get pulled).

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/413096-New-Things-in-Pleiades-Sector-IR-W-D1-55/?page=1

Interesting things going on out in the Pleiades. I’m rather excited as I’m in the same system as Eagle Eye 6, docked about three planets away last night and now this drops!

I gotta say I’m surprised by how alive the Pleiades feel, mega ships, attacked stations, crash sites… if your bored in Elite you might consider coming out and at least seeing the sights lol

2 Likes

Ooooooh, I’m not that far away. I’ll have to come play!

If you wanna wing up I’ll probably be around in about 2 hrs

I spent a couple of weeks out in the Pleiades just before 3.0 released, some of the most interesting play in Elite I’ve had in a while. Remember you are also close to those giant Thargoid surface structures. A fantastic, eerie, even ominous thing to explore in the SRV.

2 Likes

Indeed, that’s on the list of things to check out.

1 Like

I may be on for a little bit, but I have an early morning. But I’ll be at The Oracle very, very shortly (this 48 ly jump range is amazing!).

I’m logging in now and I’m at the Oracle as well

1 Like

I’ll be in in 20. I’m docked at Donar’s Oak.

Was that unregistered Beacon thing and that damaged cargo ship always there?

I’m looking for an excuse to play and have a long legged Asp - where we meeting?

1 Like

Somewhere between The Oracle and Donar’s Oak. How far out are you? You have me for about an hour.

I’m in TS now.

1 Like

Jameson Memorial - 401ly. hmm

Winged up with @Navynuke99 and @fearlessfrog tonight for some adventure in Tharagoid territory.

Checking out Eagle Eye 6

Kinda tickles…

2 Likes

Not shown: angry Thargoids resisting our attempts to offer hugs and goodwill, and shooting at us.

2 Likes

I’m beginning to suspect that they want no part of the British Empire. :tea:

2 Likes