[Event] Spring Sting

Last time I tried to join the Hollo Point server I had a ping of 600+ I dont know if the latency will be a killer for me

Well keep the updates coming. If there is a more EU friendly time, I am always up for co-op play.
Whenever, whoever. I just so prefer co-op

2 Likes

Seems all proceeds well… can we keep the first post updated with the eventual final choices?
Thanks! :smiley:

2 Likes

First post has been refined some, with what we have so far!

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like fun! My in-laws are in town this weekend, but I’d be willing to give it a go if I can peel away for a little bit. Assuming of course everyone is willing to deal with someone who is a bit on the socially awkward side and hasn’t flown with another person in years. :sweat_smile: I’ll also keep things simple for everyone stick with the Hawg or Harrier, my air to air-fo is not very strong.:grin:

2 Likes

Your not alone and this is a kind bunch to dip your feet back into it. They always try to help. It’s good fun :blush:

3 Likes

I will try my hardest to be there for some of it, and crash some harriers, (still getting used to rudder pedals) :grinning:

1 Like

Oops just realised. I will be travelling home, so most likely out. Have fun

1 Like

Oh cr4p, we have a dinner date. Sorry, perhaps next time

2 Likes

you promised not to tell anyone!

3 Likes

From Erl Sis ^^^ about 30 minutes in.

4 Likes

I’m not gonna be able to make it. Maybe next time.

1 Like

I know EXACTLY where that is! (Unfortunately I can’t make either.)

1 Like

What comms system is in use?

LHA available for the Harrier mud movers?

Offensive Posture has the Tarawa but Erl Sis they’re ground start.

Ok great!

See post #1 - we’ll make use of Mudspike discord.

1 Like

Erl Sis - Situation Report

After some discussions with @WreckingCrew on ErlSis, there have been some updates and tonight @Franze, myself and Crew were online. We weren’t following my outlined plans in post 1, this was just a free-form mission.

WC was acting as Blue ground commander and moving amour to the south of KP. I took off in support of the ground troops with a 8 Mk20 Rockeye’s while Franze flew fighter cover.

Blue forces took large casualties as they advanced south, and unfortunately I had to return to the boat for more weapons - leaving them alone for a while. Subsequent sorties went well for A2G weapons delivery of either Mk20s or MK83s but I was eventually interrupted by fighters that Franze couldn’t fully cover, having used his weapons and a larger wave coming up. My contribution to that engagement was 2 bandits scratched while still carrying four bombs.

Mission AAR

Player Aircraft Score Air Kills Ground Kills Losses
Wes F/A-18C 594 7 31 0
Franze F-14B 368 7 3 2

A frustrating night for Franze, dealing with the SU-27s that are currently able to well beyond “cheat”. Typically, the disparity you see in our A2G kills would be typical of our A2A kills - in Franze’s favor, with him having no losses to my one or two. One loss was to enemy A/C, last was a failed carrier landing.

@Andrew116 was in briefly, but was taken out in his A-10C by enemy A/C south of KP during on of our fights.

The final engagement saw me scratch two MiG-29s, defending Franze from the first and taking over on the second as he had to break guidance of his AIM-7 sparrow to evade an enemy missile launch.

The ground situation looked like this - mission running time at the end was about 4.5 hours:

As you can see, we can do well with the pair of us flying - but we need more personnel to keep the pressure up!

6 Likes