Red forces are reinforcing once again, and our efforts to control the situation are…falling short. I would like to call upon our community to put together an aerial show of force, and get this situation under control.
@Franze and @WreckingCrew have each put together an excellent co-operative mission on the Caucasus map featuring our current DCS modern-era flagships, the F/A-18 and F-14 plus others such as the F-15C, Harrier, Warthog and Mirage. Both are excellently set up to allow for teamwork and coordination - and I would like to take that a step further.
WHEN:Weekly, starting March 30th 2019 @ 13:00 UTC -5:00
(See date tool below for your local time.)
Hollo Pointe featuring Erl Sis by WreckingCrew
Hollo Pointe North featuring Offensive Posture by Franze
The group will decide in the pre-flight gathering, which mission to challenge.
HOW:Pre-flight will begin on MudSpike Discord Voice chat. We will discuss our mission choice, and aircraft.
The mission will be restarted before we begin, so please wait in Discord until it’s reloaded.
Notes on the selections and flight plans will be noted in Discord text chat for any late attendees.
WHAT:A coordinated attempt to complete either mission - beyond it’s objectives, removing as much Red Force as possible even if by bypassing the regular objective to do so.
We will try to coordinate who will fly what, and if possible keep to our selection for the mission duration. Our hope is to have strike groups, SEAD, fighter cover and CAS flights all going at the same time.
The goal is to get as much accomplished in as short a time as possible with some restrictions:
- We will ignore mission-ending objectives, such as to take care of as much red force as possible.
- We will try to avoid having anyone change slots for the duration - we want roles covered by having more people!
- Kills and score are not the objective - we will be judging success based on the clock and our casualty & damage rate. Running multiple sorties is preferable to any casualty.
- If the mission doesn’t have it, or it goes beyond what is programmable - we may ask players to abide some payload restrictions to keep with our “more sorties, please!” methodology, and allow more participation. (Example: avoid CBU-97/105s and triple Maverick luanchers on the Warthog)
- We could even have the potentional of some aircraft with no weapons - and just acting as FAC with targeting pods.
Combined Arms and RedForce play are open as well, so long as they don’t overthrow the main goal we’re working for, by say - making the RedForce too large. Human opposition is a welcome prospect!
A bit of a pre-brief on the missions to give perspective:
Erl SisIn this mission, Blue is tasked with eliminating Red Forces south of Krasnodar Paschkovsky, while Red tries to take it. There are also Red Forces North of KP. Blue Fighters (Maykop or Stennis based) entering the AO trigger CAP flights out of Krymsk. Flying attack planes only out of KP, it can be done pretty quick. Flying Hornets in does bring SU-27s etc, into the mix. Krymsk is also reinforced with SA-11 after we started HARM’ing the SA-15s.
For this mission we will:
- Sweep the air up to Krymsk
- Remove Air Defenses from Krymsk
- Strike the airfield, removing the threat.
- Mop up Red ground Forces.
Since the ground troops are the designed objective, this is where the payload restriction idea comes in.
Offensive PostureBlue owns Sochi & Sukhumi. Stennis is off the coast. Red owns Kutaisi and Senaki.
Ground troops are in contact in Gali, with SAMs to the south and a vehicle depot to take out behind enemy lines. Red fighters won’t let you get away unscathed.
For this mission we will:
- Maintain patrols over Gali’s airspace
- Remove air defenses up to Senaki.
- Hit Senaki’s runway
- Find and destroy the Depot
- Supress fighters and defenses for Kutaisi
- Assist in breaking the siege at Gali
Myself and Franze have done this run before, each losing one Hornet. It took us about 7 hours.