F-4 Phantom beats F-35 in engagement!

How do you like that headline. I’m practicing to break into online journalism…so I had to give this a clickbait title. Well…you’re here aren’t you??

:laughing:

Anyway…apparently a QF-4 drone somehow escaped two AMRAAM missiles fired at it and managed to land back at its base. There is some speculation on whether the drone was even supposed to be destroyed by the AMRAAMs launched by the F-35 or if they were just demonstrating engagements or what…lots of unknown unknowns at this point. Still…glad to see the F-4 made it out alive. :smiley:

3 Likes

F-35’s Hate Him! - Learn this F-4’s One Weird Trick

4 Likes

Did Kanye West just avoid getting shot down by Kim K? - look inside to reveal the truth!

1 Like

…and it’d be accompanied by a graphic of an F-16 getting swallowed by a shark…

1 Like

And on that fateful day @BeachAV8R fused with War is Boring and Tyler Rogoway, creating an ultimate being of chill luddophlic JSFphobia, plunging the internet into 1,000 years of A-10 articles.

3 Likes

Aren’t you supposed to be in the bathroom with a stack of old Aviation Week magazines from the 80s featuring Tomcat articles?

5 Likes

Gentlemen, please, carry on.

5 Likes

I had to toss them out. Pages got too sticky.

I love my 70/80s time frame aircraft, but I’m not going to deny that newer and better things have been built in the time since.

2 Likes

So, you are saying the Tomcat is ■■■■? :wink:

Only against an f111. :grin:

News flash!!! A squadran of f35’s failed to embark on a recent mission due to a computer complexity issue where the looks and affordability logics went into meltdown whilst taxiing past a retired f111.

1 Like

This isn’t complex? :grin:

Interesting. They teach drones how to land. No wonder they want to survive :grin:

1 Like

So how were those F-104s treating you?

So, a Tomcat is no better then a Cessna 172 that has been given a “Quite menacing warpaint really, back in m…”, As described by Mrs Wiltshire in 1983 then?

Much like Anime, F-104’ belong in the trash.

If I’m an F-35…I don’t want to tangle with this…

3 Likes

That things got a turn circle of like, eight feet. Heck, it’s probably stealth by virtue of not flying fast enough to exit the Doppler notch.

It’s a fighter to surpass Gen V!

2 Likes

Like… A WEAPON TO SURPASS METAL GEAR.

1 Like

You guys are forgetting a bazooka laden piper cub! It can beat them all even… Metal gear!

It’s all about the camouflage…

3 Likes