Finally got a 3D printer...again

It comes with a glass carborundum plate.
The E3v2 has got some upgrades that Ender 3 & 3 Pro users usually fix themselves, like belt tensioners, improved filament slot, built in power supply, etc.
It has a 32bit mainboard and silent stepper drivers too. For what it’s worth…

Going to browse the videos…

I actually have those springs in my stash. I bought them for a totally different project, that got scrapped…!

Yes, so I’m told. But with the ability to fine tune comes great freedom to fix and adjust to ones liking. The FlashForge was more ”locked in” in this regard.

Cool stuff!

1 Like

I have nothing but positive things to say about FlashForge. I did buy their entry level printer and such products have their limitations, but I have had zero trouble with it.
The larger FlashForge Guider, for instance, looks like a premium product…

1 Like

Glad to hear Troll, I got the pro so I am not sure how different our machines are!

The Ender is a cheap 3D printer with a ton of capabilities, looks like you’ve already got the right start. learning how to dial in the best settings in your slicer of choice is another art. I do enjoy the tinkering aspect of it. Reminds me a lot of tuning a engine or aligning components. It has a bit of a feel to it.

1 Like

Yes! Among the many reasons I love my Prusa Mk3S is that the kit build was a blast; the instructions are VERY well written, and after each section they tell you how many gummy bears to treat yourself to (said gelatinous bears are included in the box!). Building it myself gave me a greater appreciation for how everything interplays, so troubleshooting isn’t as mysterious.

Wanted to add; while i did eventually go the prusa route, I was teerting on the edge of buying a CR10 instead, and at least here in the states, Tiny Machines 3D is highly regarded as a creality dealer. Among the advantages of buying from them (versus, say, Amazon), is they test the printer before shipping out. They can also package in (and instal) certain upgrades. See their Ender V2 page for example:

They also offer for free to anyone, their own versions of the firmware for various creality printers, that make certain improvements.

1 Like

Probably not so different. I mean, all the big parts are the same.

Dammit man! I could’ve needed that information before I decided on a printer! :rofl:

Impressive! That means they must build it first… I would imagine that to cost a lot, but they don’t seem to charge more than $10 over the MSRP, and shipping in the US is free…! Now, they probably got a good deal on the printers and shipping, but still…

Also, I like the fact that there are so many upgrades available. Oh! Look! Another rabbit hole!!! :wink:

1 Like

Mmmmmmmm! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

There!
Nothing to it…

She moves…but does she print…?

5 Likes
6 Likes

Very nice! I can’t wait to see what future builds this printer will produce :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looking goooooooodddd!

1 Like

Tempted to try Octoprint
Load it onto a Raspberry Pi that plugs into the USB port of the printer and you get remote control… Can even add a camera!

1 Like

Can recommend!
And there’s a lot of plugins for it too. For instance I’ve got it set up with a TP-Link wifi plug, so it can turn the whole thing off, when the print is done, and the hotend has cooled.

2 Likes

Clever!

Another +1 for OctoPrint. Pairs nicely with https://www.thespaghettidetective.com . a tracking service that uses machine learning AI to detect when a print goes FUBAR, and can alert you and/or kill the print job.

Was using it and octo for a while on my MK3S but my Pi install corrupted, and it was a PITA to get running, so I’ve not had a chance to re work it.

One of the issues IIRC, is that I used a Rasberry Pi Zero, which the MK3S has a built in slot on it’s control board for, but apparently isn’t ideal for Octoprint.

:open_mouth:

I read that it wasn’t recommended. I got the RbPi 3B+.

1 Like

Forgot to add; even better, that service allows easy remote (ie off your local network) monitoring. Using the basic Octoprint cam settings, one needs to fiddle with lots of port forwarding (and the associated security risks) on their router. SD let’s you bypass all of that with their web service. Back when I was actually commuting to work, it was nice to be able to have a window up on one of my monitors and keep an eye on the cam feed, including the ability to scram the job if needed.

1 Like

My Ender 3 v2 is up and running with Octoprint!
Been having some trouble getting the AddNorth PLA to adhere to the bed, but another generic filament brand seems to stick to it.

Octoprint is really cool! It’s great to be able to log on and check the status. I have added a camera, but I need to make a suitable stand for it.

Today I ordered a magnetic print surface and a BL Touch, automatic bed leveling sensor. The new 32bit v2 mainboard of the printer has connections for it!

Yeah… No, I’ll never be able to climb out of this rabbit hole… :rabbit:

4 Likes

It’s a deep hole you’ve fallen into :wink:

3 Likes

Fortunately, he can use his 3D printer to build a ladder to extricate himself… :rofl:

4 Likes
I can’t hear you, from down here…

The printer fuses plastic, not steel…

1 Like