Flight Following and Short AAR Thread

Same. No idea. The VSKLABS version is really nice in VR so I haven’t felt the need to try to teach a different model the same tricks.

1 Like

Decided to go to check that famous base of operations at KEAT :slight_smile:

Left San Fran just to fail to load the cargo and ended up at nice place for refuel. Leaving Trinity Center O86, correctly loaded finally :slight_smile:

Nice day for flying

Wow, nice! Crater Lake

Completed the assignment at Yakima KYKM, just 52NM from KEAT.

8 Likes

Couple of quick foggy early morning hops in Florida.

Big lake, no gators spotted yet. Feeling somewhat safe 500ft above them, lets hope I can keep her airborne.

spotted something in the distant fog… Luckily, it was just a frigate :innocent:

Feet dry, luckily.

back home safe and sound.

3 Likes

Finally some weather (flown few days back)

Finally KEAT, hellou boys! :slight_smile:

And some funny assignments at KEAT

3 Likes

About a week ago we bought a Daher TBM 930 somewhere in the mountains of northern California. While the area has been enjoyable to fly in MSFS, I do remember our base in Florida which we had intended to grow many moons ago. Our Bell 412 is still there, that I really enjoyed flying. The only down-side for me being so many small airfields in the region being absent in X-plane. I decided to try to hop our 930 over there, and I’m about halfway there. I left the plane enabled to be rented which explains the small detours seen at times.

Somewhere out there over the horizon is the NTTR. I didn’t spot any fast movers :slight_smile:

One of our renters left our plane in this place that looks more like a clearing in the bush than anything else :sweat_smile:

No matter how bad the IMC/IFR conditions are, visibility is never low enough to stop sporting our aviators!

I ended up quite in the thick of things, I asked ATC to get me above the weather but they were quite lazy in processing my request, constantly being kept at “fly and maintain X, expect FL Y”, I guess they didn’t want another speedbump clogging the higher altitude airways :sweat_smile:

I figured this was a good condition to accumulate some icing, though. I turned my ice-lights on to keep an eye on things.

Yep… There we go. Once it started developing, things progressed pretty fast.

City- and starlights, my favorite travel partners for nighttime IFR. I’m in the clear for now.

Descending into Houston. The gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic loom near the horizon. Less than 1000NM to go!

3 Likes