Forrestal Carrier Update

Thank You…I couldn’t find The Source.

H B concerning nxt Open Beta patch from Hoggit…
"

level 1

Cobra8472

·4h

Wholesome

Heatblur Simulations

Sorry everyone! We crunched very hard on the latest round of features and LANTIRN + Forrestal and were ready in time, but the ultimate release schedule is set by ED. Wish you’d all get to enjoy this week already and we look forward to your feedback next week :)"

also…"an we expect any kind of Lantirn demonstration video?

Hope you guys are taking the week off :slight_smile:

HB…“Yep,videos are coming”

4 Likes

Sweet news Heatblur! Very much appreciate your work and looking forward to both LANTIRN and the Forrestal. All meetings and calls for the week of 10/18 clear.

Here’s hoping VAICOM is paying attention and also has a clear schedule :smiley: .

1 Like

Didn’t the F-14 already have the pod? Or is this the JESTER commands.

Just the JESTER commands. We already have the pod, but without a human RIO we can’t use it.

3 Likes
9 Likes

I wonder what time the update will drop. Not seeing it so far.

nom nom eating GIF by Farm Aid

1 Like

I’m not complaining about it but the irritation of having spent over 23 hours downloading dcs to my new machine at 3mb/s only to have a new update drop instantly is making me giggle on the edge of hysteria

7 Likes

You could have…

1 Like

It’s live :slight_smile:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/changelog/
12Gb for me

2 Likes

Purdy…

(I solved the lack of deck crew by using cows, plus handy for scale. Moo!)

7 Likes

Shouldn’t be too hard to drop a few crew on her, but a shame that she isn’t SC compatible. There must have been a show-stopper.

2 Likes

It’s a really nice addition. Also, there are 4 deck vehicles:

• Added MD-3 Mule (Early) carrier tow/huffer.
  • Added HS-60 Forklift (Early) small aircraft carrier forklift.
  • Added CV-59 Large Forklift.
  • Added NS-60 Deck Tilly Crane .

I also miss the deck crew, I hope they’ll be able to figure out something in the future.
And I’m surprise how much smaller it is compared to the Nimitz class. I guess they’re called super carrier for a reason.
It even has a baby deflector :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Someone needs to start a petition to make the Forrestal Supercarrier-Compatible.

8 Likes

Ideally, a high profile community member, respected by the devs and who has a high sympathy capital among the community.
hmmmm, where are we going to find someone like that :thinking: :smiley:

8 Likes

From Heatblur facebook page:

Know that we hear you all regarding deck crew and will continue working on options for an immersive deck environment for our Forrestal! :brain:

Maybe it will be even better than the DCS Super Carrier…?

5 Likes

… Add an SH-3 or SH-2 and a early model E-2 :triumph:

5 Likes

And slufs and tadpoles and whales and rhinos.

4 Likes

And Willy Fudds and Viggies and Skyrays and Spads…

2 Likes